Acuufab - I hesitated, but I'm glad I went with them!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well,

Now that Dragon is on the market, really pushing hard, I hesitated on buying an Acuufab throttle body for my 04 cobra.

I know their quality is high, but so is Dragons.
I know their price is high, but so is Dragons.

So... it came down to R&D. I felt that Acuufab has put the time, research, and history into their product, so that's why I went with them. I run a small-business as well, so I understand how costly R&D can be, and how hard it can be to perfect a product...

My only concern was rumors that they wouldn't service their products if problems arose.

After getting my Acuufab throttle body and plenum, I was highly satisfied. After getting the car on the dyno and driving it around for a while I did notice a "sticking" problem...

When the car was running the throttle body would "stick"... it would be hard to open. Once it opened, the "seal" would break and the car would run fine. The problem? Breaking the "seal" required tapping the gas. "Whats the big deal?" well, when you tap the gas in a 500RWHP car its loud and obnoxious. Its frustrating to drive...

Anyways, I shot them an e-mail using their form on their webpage and I was like "yea, like this will go anywhere...."
BUT IT DID! A few hours later (not days... hours...) Acuufab sent me an e-mail! The representative said that he knew what the issue was and to send it back.

I sent the throttle body+plenum combo back to Acuufab and I got one back with fresh gaskets, fully serviced, and *freshly polished*! WHAA?!

The plenum is mine, and they included my letter, so I know they didnt get my order mixed up with anyone else's ... . this is SERIOUSLY what they consider customer service! All I had to pay was "to" shipping. The service, gaskets, and return shipping was free to me.

I look forward to getting it back on the stang!

For those of you who suggest going Dragon "because Acuufab charges to service their products" -- take a second look. I'm glad I did!

Since, I have already suggested Acuufab to another member on this site. Sadly, they don't make a throttle body for their application, but I will continue to push for their products!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
i have an acuufab t/b and plenum also. i like it. never had an issue with the seal but really liked the throttle response fo sho!!! plus it looks purdy :)

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it sure does! lol.

I like how you dont skimp on your car, Tony. No Professional Products junk in that bad-boy. lol.

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
lol, i actually dont skimp. the crappiest thing i've bought and installed was the front seats but the quality of them seemed pretty dam good when i looked at them. coulda went with carebue or however ya spell it...but **** it, lol.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Good to know! Hopefully when I get my swap done I'll look into it. I'll need a higher hp block first so it'll be a minute but good to know thanks Chris!

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
The only issue I have with accufab is the fact they way miscalculated the cruise cable pick up point and it causes the cruise servo to snatch and the car to go into boost. It's weird, and also very scary when cruise attempts to accelerate and suddenly you hit 14lbs and bust the tires loose lol

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? lol. I've NEVER head these problems, brotha! is it a common issue?

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
scary indeed. I'm curious how often it happens... Be sure to let Acuufab know! They can't fix the problem if they arent aware of it!!

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
The only issue I have with accufab is the fact they way miscalculated the cruise cable pick up point and it causes the cruise servo to snatch and the car to go into boost. It's weird, and also very scary when cruise attempts to accelerate and suddenly you hit 14lbs and bust the tires loose lol
DAAAM! never had any issue except when i first started the motor idled really high but that kinda fixed itself..idk..

FrankenStang

Reaction score
it would stick shut not open, so id have to hit the gas kinda hard and it would lurch me forward sometime if it stuck bad enough

...but the wifes old balzers stuck wide open and she drove it home like 10-15 miles on ALL BRAKE thing going w.o.t....yaa parked it with glowing red rotors and the calipers were dug into the rotors and it was so hot it had melted all the abs lines...and this was in winter but that much friction i dont think id have mattered...lol and she wonder why i worry when shes drives

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Yea it happened a lot actually. They know, its all over SVTp about it. They didn't admit that there was an issue though. Either way Jeremy junked the throttle body and went dragon. Much happier

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online