After dyno questions.

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
MadStang said:
well there's your problem sir your A/F is wack! It's supposed to be a virtual flat line sir and it has spikes. And from the looks of it when it does spike, it spikes rich. That leads me to believe your ignition is toast and/or your tune is junk.
Thats what the tuner guy said about the ignition he said the coils are prbly crap. I was only there for a diagnostics check and base pulls no tune. ill be puttn up a video you can actually hear my car getting louder and dieing down then getting louder.

MadStang

Reaction score
mtang98 gt said:
MadStang said:
well there's your problem sir your A/F is wack! It's supposed to be a virtual flat line sir and it has spikes. And from the looks of it when it does spike, it spikes rich. That leads me to believe your ignition is toast and/or your tune is junk.
Thats what the tuner guy said about the ignition he said the coils are prbly crap. I was only there for a diagnostics check and base pulls no tune. ill be puttn up a video you can actually hear my car getting louder and dieing down then getting louder.

yeah either the ignition is failing, injectors are dumping too much fuel, or the tune is off. guarantee you if you go get some motorcraft coils you'll get your power back.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MadStang said:

For reference I had a similar issue when I got dyno'd, the COP's were beginning to fail and between 5000-6000 it started spiking and you could see the A/F dip into rich territory.

his A/F isnt perfect, but its honestly better than i expected.

MadStang

Reaction score
MustangChris said:
MadStang said:

For reference I had a similar issue when I got dyno'd, the COP's were beginning to fail and between 5000-6000 it started spiking and you could see the A/F dip into rich territory.

true but it still denotes an issue with ignition or fuel.

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
just got me a pair of motorcraft ignition coils off of rock auto same as gettn them from a dealership just the dealership wanted $168 for one haha and rock auto is $69 a piece.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
MadStang said:
MustangChris said:
MadStang said:

true but it still denotes an issue with ignition or fuel.

also true. i was just... blabbing, not trying to determin the problem... was waiting for video.. .. .lol.

mtang98 gt said:
just got me a pair of motorcraft ignition coils off of rock auto same as gettn them from a dealership just the dealership wanted $168 for one haha and rock auto is $69 a piece.

rock auto is good stuff. are the genuine FoMoCo parts? or ACDelco junk?

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
it says motorcraft soo im guessing they are motorcraft. at least i hope they are lol o i also forgot to mention that i have ford racing 24 pund injectors that were "tuned" for by BAMA tuning off of american muscle.

red95r

Reaction score
mtang98 gt said:
it says motorcraft soo im guessing they are motorcraft. at least i hope they are lol o i also forgot to mention that i have ford racing 24 pund injectors that were "tuned" for by BAMA tuning off of american muscle.

The only ones I could find (motorcrafts) where the COP's for 68 or 79 a piece..as in each individual COP. Did you convert?

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
red95r said:
mtang98 gt said:

The only ones I could find (motorcrafts) where the COP's for 68 or 79 a piece..as in each individual COP. Did you convert?

96-98 coil packs tend to run cheeper because they easier to produce and more cars use them.

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
MAIL ORDER TUNE FTW I MAKE 30000 rwhp I GOT THE DYNO SHEET TO PROVE IT!!!! No i did not convert my car, they are on rock auto for $69.
Do you guys hear what im talking about in my video?

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
Should i change my plugs too? also could my wires be messed up? Some of the wires dont wanna push down and clip on to the coil packs i have zip ties forcing them to stay on right now

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
wait till your OEM units come in. then try your wires... if they do not clip onto the new packs, you may want to buy new wires, as that could be the ingnition problem these guys are trying to diagnose....

OEM wires work well for moderate power. FRPP work well for moderate power and full-bult-on applications... once you get to Power Adders or something insane, you may want to look into a set of premium wires that have gobs of insulation... but for your car, that wont be needed at this point.

Blk97GT

Reaction score
You say you have 24lbs injectors.....is your MAF calibrated for them or is it still calibrated for the 19lbs stockers? That could be a huge problem right there.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i have an OEM 1996 GT MAF, OEM 2004 Cobra MAF, and 36# (brown top) injectors for sale.

I'm not trying to pawn my stuff off on you, just not sure exactly what your MAF/inj. situation is. trying to offer you a budget-friendly solution....

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
I have an OEM MAF, and FRPP 24# injectors not running a blower or anything so i think im okay. Im gonna run seafoam tonight just for shits and giggles to see if it doe anything.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes, you should be fine... i just wasnt sure if you went changing and swapping things out... .. ya know? 24#s should work well into the 400 hp range (maybe higher, im not sure.)

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score
Is your oem Maf Calibrated for the injectors? I know I had bought my car with 24s and the stock injectors and it was alll bad.

OP
OP
mtang98 gt

mtang98 gt

Reaction score
im tryn to see if people can hear what im talking about in the video i posted did you hear how the odd the car sounded?

Yeah bama said they tuned it for the injectors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online