Aftermarket head unit install help please

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
hmm interesting. It should be the blue wire but the power ant flag throws things off. You can try the blue wire, worst case scenario is that the amp will only turn on with the radio on and not cd/aux and you would have to change it. If you do not want to gamble you can just connect the factory amp wire to the red accessory wire. In this case the amp will turn on/off with the key instead of the radio but its not a problem everything will still work as normal.
Ok, I just didn't wanna fry anything... that's what I get for being cheap with the radio I guess lol

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if it would bug you to not have it the way it should be try connecting the blue wire and before you mount the deck turn it on to confirm the amps are on both with the radio and otherwise. But if it isn't a big deal and you don't want to mess with it just connect the red wires on both harnesses and then tap the amp turn on wire in to them as well.

OP
OP
collinselectric5
Reaction score
if it would bug you to not have it the way it should be try connecting the blue wire and before you mount the deck turn it on to confirm the amps are on both with the radio and otherwise. But if it isn't a big deal and you don't want to mess with it just connect the red wires on both harnesses and then tap the amp turn on wire in to them as well.
Thankyou! I tapped the amp turn on wire into the acc. wire and it works beautifully. No pop, bass is clearer, treble was higher but I just turned it down. I don't know if the factory amps are powering the speakers or if it's the radios power, but I don't care. It sounds a lot better than the factory radio and now I can use my Bluetooth to play music. Thanks for the help everyone! Now I just need a cubby where the old CD player was lol
170c4681a4e4922f35fe4e7f54eb3248.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
litelmac

Members online