Air bag light code 45

95Five0

Reaction score
I was just doing a wire tuck on my passenger side of my 95 Gt . Relocated ccrm and tfi into passenger fender well. Everything went good but now I have an air bag code 45. I checked plug and cleaned it and added some dielectric grease but still have it. Is there a way to reset this light ? I dont think I damaged a wire . My harness is in really good shape before I started . I'm pretty sure I had battery disconected the whole time I'm was messing around doing wire truck.

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
I looked up code . Code 45 is
LH Radiator Primary Crash Sensor Not Mounted to Vehicle Properly. Lh would be drivers side . I didnt do anything on the driverside at all . Is it possable that i shorted the sensor out when I had stuff unplugged on passenger side ?

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Update : swapped driver side air bag sensor to passenger side and passenger to driver side . Code went from code#45 to code #44. Sounds like it's the sensor. Having a hard time finding a new one

C1skout

Reaction score
Hope you find one. There were lots of used sensors on Ebay when I looked last year. My problem ended up being a bad wire under the battery box though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I read somewhere it was reading a high resistance reading on the mount. Just for shits n giggles ya might try cleaning the back or mounting surface of the sensor as well as the area behind it. It might work might not...

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
The part number of both sensors that are on car are F5zb-14b004-aa. im trying to figure out if a f5zb-14b004-ab will work . I found one on ebay for cheap. From what I understand the ab vs aa is the suffix of the park number . It's just a new released version of the part . Can anyone confirm that they are interchangeable?

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Ya I tried that . Both sensors and body of car are clean . Something must have happend to sensor when I had everything unplugged I'm thinking

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I’ve gotta bunch of them here but I’m way in Canada

jacobn4056.

Reaction score
My airbags were removed in 2001 before I started driving.
I was almost 8 yo
So check that you have airbags and there’s not some ghost rig. That kept the light off. that you fiddled with
If you need a set of bags let me know.
I still have them

Last edited:

Rod

Reaction score
Check your ground wires. The wires grounded to the core support are prone to being too loose and not clean contacts. A bad ground can cause a code for bad sensors. IF you relocated wiring make sure to make the new ground locations clean bare metal and nice and tight.

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Sanded all the grounds spots just to be sure and same thing . I have a new sensor coming from ebay. Should be here tomorrow . Ill.keep you in loop

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you said you cleaned the back of the sensors, did you clean the area they mount to? They don't stock and just used the bolt as the ground when they put it together but now years later corrosion builds up and it doesn't work as well.

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
I did clean back of sensor and the front of car. There was no rust . Dumb question but does the body of the sensor actually act as a ground ?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have not read up on the system but the error message I found said that it was reading a high resistance from the mount which would tell me it does. I could see it being used as part of the measurement for impact if the resistance suddenly changes, but I should stick to comedy :)

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
We will find out tomorrow when new sensor comes in

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
It's not the sensor or anything to do with the wire tuck. Earlier this winter I put in a touch screen and wired up some gauges . I remember a beeping sound when I would turn the key and have the cluster was unplugged . At the time I just thought it was because the cluster wasn't plugged in . Now I realize it was coming from what I think is the air bag moduel under the radio ( blue box). It was trying to tell me somthing was wrong . I guess I just never noticed the light blinking . No I have to retrace my steps with the wiring for guages and the radio . This may suck . Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Beeping for 30 secs or so after starting is your car telling you a warning light it out. Did ya pull the cel or another warning light rather than fix something correctly? Instead put the bulb back in and put a piece of electrical tape over the back where the light shines through

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
The only bulbs I pulled from cluster was to change to leds in cluster . Check engine and air bag light is still in there . As soon as I plug cluster back in I get code #45

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Could just be a code that was stored in system because I turned the key on without the cluster plugged in and it thought the bulb wasn't there ? I would reset the srs system but from what I read 45 is a hard code that can't be reset

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The only bulbs I pulled from cluster was to change to leds in cluster . Check engine and air bag light is still in there . As soon as I plug cluster back in I get code #45
Did you swap the warning lights also?You probably have one of the LEDs in backwards. It will show as an open circuit and set off the alarm. Do they all light up when you start it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online