Air bag light code 45

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
No I did not swap that one . It still illuminates and gives me flash code 45 when the key is on . The leds are actually a lay over the factory guages. It has its own leds in it. . It's to make it look like 03 cobra guage cluster (ebay) I pulled the 194 bulbs for the back light so they wouldn't interfere with the led lay over . Did not touch any other bulbs .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I assume by "that one" you mean the air bag light. If any of the warning lights are out it makes that noise not just the airbag. I don't think the gauge bulbs set it off but they might be on the same circuit

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Well I figured it out . I'm an idiot . When I was running my guages I tried running the harness I made through the rubber gromet behind the break booster . I tried using a small drill bit to drill into rubber . Well I ended up cutting up a yellow wire . It's a tough spot to do a repair . Not sure if I'm going to try push the harness into the interior to get enough slack to repair or just cut the rubber off . Thanks for everyone's help .

Attachments

• 20240218_083752.jpg
    20240218_083752.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 3

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am not sure how I have been lucky enough to not do any more damage drilling holes in cars with as many as I did installing stereos back when. That would be a crappy spot to repair. If I were you I would trace the wire up into the harness a few inches and tap it there. Then pull the wire through and then see if you can pull some of that wire out of the harness and make the connection. It might not be pretty but be sure to solder/heatshrink the connections and do not use t-taps or crimp connectors there, they will corrode.

OP
OP
95Five0

95Five0

Reaction score
Yes this is the most miserable spot to do a repair. I disconnected the harness in the driver fenderwell to pull some slack through. Still don't have a lot . I'm using the heat shirt connectors that have solder in them . I have pretty good luck with these in the past . I hit like 5 wires . I really f-ed up this one .

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
to go through the rubber I just use a screwdriver to make the hole. After that I have an old car antenna that I tape the wire to and poke through the hole.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online