Air/fuel ratio gauge

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So I will need a bung welded onto the other exhaust down pipe with an additional 02 sensor? Then do I tie the like wires together to the one gauge??

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Would this work as a 2nd O2 sensor? Not sure if I need to specify upper/lower stream, left bank, right bank or ???

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You would need a full 2nd wideband setup to be able to see both banks if that's what you wanted.

Honestly, they're not great except for having a lightshow in the car and to be a big red flag if something goes badly wrong, but anytime I've had one, I spend more time stressing over it without there being an actual issue.

Having a gauge for tuning is handy, but usually they'll want one that can datalog, because they won't be watching the gauge as much as watching the log after the spin. They'll have an eye on it to make sure it's not going super lean or anything, but generally, it's a tool to build a tune, then it's just there for when things go south quickly.

I have a single O2 wideband for the Microsquirt, and no gauge in the car. It can be monitored on the laptop while being tuned and it will datalog a run so there's info to build off of. Having both banks would be more ideal, and I may toss a second one on when the blower goes on, just to make sure everything is happy, but again, there won't be a gauge lightshow in the car for my personal preferences.

GTamas

Reaction score
If it' a dual-gauge bezel, you could swap the A/F gauge to an engine oil pressure, that could be more useful. Keep the 02 sensor and the bung on the pipe for when you need to tune the engine.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
duh & GT,
Good call both of you. Might just take your advice and get rid of the AFR gauge for something more useful. Thx!!

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Don't be so fast to nix the idea of a wideband. I have three :p The Holley references a single wideband and I have a Innovate DLG-1 to reference both banks. Both are viewable on one gauge.

1707396803859.png

Absolutely necessary on a simple, NA setup? No.

Why bother, you ask?

I wanted to have a way to check the Holley without lugging my old Innovate LM-2 around.

1707396749874.png

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be so fast to nix the idea of a wideband. I have three :p The Holley references a single wideband and I have a Innovate DLG-1 to reference both banks. Both are viewable on one gauge.

View attachment 32547

Absolutely necessary on a simple, NA setup? No.

Why bother, you ask?

I wanted to have a way to check the Holley without lugging my old Innovate LM-2 around.

View attachment 32546
No, definitely not jumping off… just stewing on it for a while

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If it' a dual-gauge bezel, you could swap the A/F gauge to an engine oil pressure, that could be more useful. Keep the 02 sensor and the bung on the pipe for when you need to tune the engine.
In addition to the stock oil pressure gauge??

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The stock oil pressure gauge doesn't really do anything to speak of
Ah. Disappointed, but not overly surprised. So can I bypass it? Or just leave it alone and install the mechanical oil pressure gauge?

95opal

Reaction score
Ah. Disappointed, but not overly surprised. So can I bypass it? Or just leave it alone and install the mechanical oil pressure gauge?

The oil pressure and coolant temp gauge in the stock cluster are as useful as tits on a bull.
Those would be the two gauges i would replace in order to see accurate readings. I prefer electrical gauges for a street car.

GTamas

Reaction score
The oil pressure and coolant temp gauge in the stock cluster are as useful as tits on a bull.
Those would be the two gauges i would replace in order to see accurate readings. I prefer electrical gauges for a street car.
I know about the oil pressure gauge, but what's with the coolant temp?

95opal

Reaction score
I know about the oil pressure gauge, but what's with the coolant temp?

On the stock gauge its labeled H and C. Which doesnt tell you the temp of your coolant in any shape or form. By adding a coolant temp gauge you can monitor it by degrees. Meaning you can actually see what temp its running at accurately.

badass98svt

Reaction score
What he said for both gauges. The oil pressure and water temp gauges are NOT accurate. That is a fact.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
There's a way to make the OEM gauges read accurately, www.accutach.com

And you can get custom intervals printed for your gauge readouts, like attached, at BlackCatCustoms.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online

No members online now.