And so it begins...

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Got her home... Cannot wait to get started on this swap. Just hope the motor is ok. Gonna swap on my fuel rail pressure regulator and see if she fires. Then im gonna start ripping it out of there. Wiring harness and all. I think i may even swap the radiator over. Everything is backwards, and instead of using money on a cobra/Mach intake, i think ill just do a BATT relocate. :) ITS A HAPPY DAY

The panther guys are BLOWING MY PHONE UP since i posted parts for sale. Should have plenty of money for what i want to do to this motor!

image_zpsvssd0dou.jpg

image_zpssidkepp0.jpg

image_zpsppf3azcd.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
This is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to watching this happen. What are you plans as far as the engine is concerned?

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
This is going to be fun! I'm looking forward to watching this happen. What are you plans as far as the engine is concerned?

Not sure yet... My main idea for getting it was to put a terminator blower right on top of it. It wasnt supposed to be running, but i just put a battery charger on it and it fired up... LOL
I can hear the chain guides are bad but, hell... now i dont need to pull the heads off at least.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
I REALLLYYY wish it had a title... Its pretty clean. Id love to be able to drive this comfy ass thing every day..

image_zpsaywci13u.jpg

image_zpsdhneq77f.jpg

Maybe i can get sneaky and get a a grand marquis title for it and put my 2V in her...mwahah

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Oh buddy! I have two P71s. I love the panther platform! Wonderful comfy cruisin' cars. :)

chris91

Reaction score
Wasnt the car left at your place of employment? File for a mechanics lien and if they don't respond then the title is issued to you. At least here in Ohio it's that way.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Wasnt the car left at your place of employment? File for a mechanics lien and if they don't respond then the title is issued to you. At least here in Ohio it's that way.

Yes, its complicated... The shops going through an ownership change and the only way i could get the car was to just pay 400 cash and call it done so they could get it out of there. Old shop owner didnt want to bother with getting titles... But like i said.... $400 is what i paid for a 2004 mercury marauder that runs... and has a 4v for my mustang. :)

The roller would be worth a ton of money if i had the title. I may see what i can do about this.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not sure about where you live, but in Indiana you can petition the court to have a new title issued. You just have to convince the judge as to why they should issue you a new title... it's really not that hard to do. Possession is 9/10 of the law, or so they say.

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Oh buddy! I have two P71s. I love the panther platform! Wonderful comfy cruisin' cars. :)

BTW... Wanna buy the roller? lol You could build a clone... Ive had like 3 tire kickers come by to 'look' at it already,

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Man... It was a late one. Just came in. Almost ready to come out. Trans/torque converter then motor mounts and ima pullin...

image_zpsmwwucaa1.jpg

image_zpsgxafspuz.jpg

OP
OP
Wild Horses

Wild Horses

Reaction score
Why not put this in the build up section? Its going to be a cool project.

Yea, i was thinking about it. I think ill start one later today when i start cleaning stuff up. I found broken stuff in there too...:shocked: Hopefully an easy fix.

FOUND OUT THE MARAUDER LOWER INTAKE IS THE SAME AS MACHS AND COBRAS ALSO! ONLY NEED THE UPPER PLENUM IF I EVEN BOTHER WITH IT.
I THINK ITD BE KINDA DIFFERENT AND COOL POINTING THE OTHER WAY THOUGH. HEHEH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online