Anger at Transmission

TheBab

Reaction score
Well I started to drop the transmission like 3 days ago... all went well... got to the top bell housing bolt (last one) and I thought I was on it.. but ended up rounding it off pretty good :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame: :lame:

Anyhow, Ive spent a few hours everyday just trying to find ways of getting it off.. I hammered on one size smaller socket and it just spun off it... :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

It's causing me to get REALLY REALLY pissed off... as this isnt even the HARD part yet..

Once I do finally get the fawker out.. I gotta figure out how the hell to replace the 3-4 fork.

I am not sure what to do now...

I even loosened the motor mounts up a lot so I can move the engine easier.....

I have no clue on what to do minus pull the whole damn motor and tranny as one.. :mad:

Ideas? :help2: :help2: :help2: :help2:

A few pics just for the hell of it..

BABonJackStands.jpg

BABonJackStands2.jpg

Gotta represent y0

sn95forumsrearwindowsticker.jpg

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
12 views - 0 replies.

Don't leave me hanging fellas. :-[

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Inno bout them... those gator grips usually suck... :hammer:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
go to sears, craftsman has these awesome bolt-out sockets...i had to use one in my oil pan bolt because the asshole that use to have my car rounded it off, took it off faster than you take rubber off your tires. ;D

seriously get them

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
go to sears, craftsman has these awesome bolt-out sockets...i had to use one in my oil pan bolt because the asshole that use to have my car rounded it off, took it off faster than you take rubber off your tires. ;D

seriously get them

Awesome..

Can you find me an example online? I'll do a search too.

I'm going to Sears tomorrow. :D

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man that sucks. Those bell bolts get locked in pretty tight due to the alluminum block, and steel bolt. That whole disimaler metals thing. I have never used those bolt out sockets, I hope they work.

Make sure you use never-sieze on the bell bolts when you put them back in.

Good luck, I can't really think of any other way to get in there without yanking the engine, they don't give you much room as you know.

The guy who owned my car before me cross threaded one of my beel bolts, it was the top right. I did not realize the threads were gone untill my trans was aready in. So I am one short till the next time I pull the trans. I hope that is not for a long, long time.

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
Thanks for the link bud. O0

Hopefully I have some news tomorrow night.

BTW: I noticed mine was missing the top right bolt.. guess the shop was like $(@*$)@*)@*$)@*$ that bolt... :lol:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
TheBab said:
Thanks for the link bud. O0

Hopefully I have some news tomorrow night.

BTW: I noticed mine was missing the top right bolt.. guess the shop was like $(@*$)@*)@*$)@*$ that bolt... :lol:

Make sure you check the treads before you reinstall the trans, the threads may be gone in that hole. Fix it up before you reinstall the trans.

smokeybear

Reaction score
If al else fails try drilling out the center of the bolt and get a tap and die set with reverse threds. screw a smaller bolt in and get it out that way or torch it out

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
smokeybear said:
If al else fails try drilling out the center of the bolt and get a tap and die set with reverse threds. screw a smaller bolt in and get it out that way or torch it out

That would be an easy fix, but it is one of the top bolts. There is no access to it for a drill to drill it out, and a torch is a serious no no on a alluminum block. If you ever get to do a trans job on a 4.6 Cobra, you will understand.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
smokeybear said:

That would be an easy fix, but it is one of the top bolts. There is no access to it for a drill to drill it out, and a torch is a serious no no on a alluminum block. If you ever get to do a trans job on a 4.6 Cobra, you will understand.

haha x105902850987143290751098357...

good luck man.. those two top bolts are insanely gay. you'll get it!

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
gaybolt.jpg

:lol:

$30 craftsman bolt out kit ftw..

Tranny is now out..

So anyone have any idea on shift fork replacing?

I wouldnt know where to begin..

I am thinking about calling a shop unless someone has a decent write up or some kinda information....

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
wow that bolt got eaten up lol.. nice job man! i bet you are relieved..

OP
OP
T

TheBab

Reaction score
[TxCobrA98 said:
]
wow that bolt got eaten up lol.. nice job man! i bet you are relieved..

somewhat, ill be more relieved when the new shift fork is in :(

i posted a thread on svtp asking for any insight and NO one wants to reply.

Am I the first one ever to replace a shift fork? lol.... (obviously not) but thats how it feels since I am getting no help from the forum :(

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
eh not many people are on here right now.. 130am here. im about to go to sleep cause i got school tomorrow.. im sure you may have some answers tomorrow.. good luck man.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Good to see you got it out. That thing is beat up pretty bad.

Can't help on the fork job.