Another costly "oops".

OP
OP
SouthernGorilla
Reaction score
Good looking wheel
I giggled like a little kid on Christmas morning when I saw them back it out of the bay. I just turned 53, I've owned 30-odd cars over the years, and this is the very first set of custom wheels I've ever bought.

Notthenow

Reaction score
The simple pleasures in life...and, you get new tire smell in the garage! Maybe the minor road rage was worth it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I giggled like a little kid on Christmas morning when I saw them back it out of the bay. I just turned 53, I've owned 30-odd cars over the years, and this is the very first set of custom wheels I've ever bought.
this is the beginning of a very expensive habit that there is no 12 step program for. I remember the same feeling back in 2003 when I put the black deep dish bullits on mine and it didn't help that the very first time I parked it with the new wheels a dude complimented the car for the first time in years. After nearly 10 years with them I decided to upgrade and found the ones I have now. I am afraid to know what I might justify spending on the next set.

b1pig

Reaction score
A larger rotor allows for more pad sweep area which increases braking performance. It also helps with heat dissipation. I still suggest going to cobra brakes if you haven’t already.
A little bit more to it....
A larger diameter rotor will allow more "leverage" on the wheel when braking.

If you look at brake rotors over the years, they have all gotten to a larger diameter. Even the base models.

07GtS197

Reaction score
A little bit more to it....
A larger diameter rotor will allow more "leverage" on the wheel when braking.

If you look at brake rotors over the years, they have all gotten to a larger diameter. Even the base models.
Ah that’s the word I was trying to think of, leverage. Much better explanation than mine.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
but lets remember that the same mass that helps the brakes, also means more rotational force is needed to get the wheels turning.

b1pig

Reaction score
but lets remember that the same mass that helps the brakes, also means more rotational force is needed to get the wheels turning.
And if you aren't careful, more unsprung weight.

Trade offs.

Notthenow

Reaction score
He was doing road racing, so surprising they ended up negatively affecting hos car.

NEW EDG

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not going to help OP now, but if anyone else gets into this situation hit me up. I have my stock Bullitts off my 02 that I'd sell to someone on here for a song and a dance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online