Another exhaust question

bludmon

Reaction score
Okay I have a question about my exhaust. Right now I have no cats, a BBK off road x-pipe and Borla Attak. It is ungodly loud. So loud that it seems like I am getting pulled over once a week! I like a loud as much as the next person but I want it to sound good too. It gets really obnoxious but sounds really good at idle and if you give it " a little gas". But as soon as I get on it is sounds really raspy.
So I am thinking of going with either SLP loudmouth or SLP Loudmouth 2 still without cats because I really like the sound of them. I had them on my 88 Mustang and they sounded great but on that Mustang I still had cats on it.
I am assuming that I might be defeating the purpose by replacing the Borla with the SLP but should I get the regular Loudmouth or Loudmouth 2? And will it sound better and not as obnoxious as the Borla. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to purchase them today so I can have them on by the weekend.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I would recommend not getting the loudmouths. I have them on my 02 with a catted x pipe and don’t like the sound. It’s not too loud but under load it sounds like crap. Either magnaflows, Pypes m80s or borla s types, which may still be loud.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I would recommend not getting the loudmouths. I have them on my 02 with a catted x pipe and don’t like the sound. It’s not too loud but under load it sounds like crap. Either magnaflows, Pypes m80s or borla s types, which may still be loud.
I had a buddy with loudmouths on an 02 GT, his car literally sounded like a dump truck.

Idlehands78

Reaction score
This is great information. I'm looking into getting some type of exhaust for my car, but I have no clue what I'm looking for and I don't want to spend $800 on something I hate. But really anything is going to be better than stock.

Reaction score
youtube is your friend only half the time. Borlas are usually loud, so going with a magnaflow will tone it down, but the bbk isnt the best of brands when it comes to exhaust, so if i were you i would go with a different mid pipe. or toss on a set of resonators

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online