Another PI swap question!

zyzygy

Reaction score
I finally got all my parts and took the car to the mechanic, to begin the swap, since he's swamped and the labor will take a while, I started looking for info on the swap from different forum's and noticed that when you put the PI heads(I got the ones that come from Ford racing!) on the npi engine,you have to change the upper timing cover bolts. Is this true? if so; which ones have to be changed? also, do I need to change the cam bolts? please help! I know a couple of people on the forum have done the swap, and I could really use the wisdom that comes from experience in this matter, thanks in advance!
P.S. (I'm going nuts waiting for the car to be completed, because it will take at least a month because of the mechanic's workload!)

96 blue moon

Reaction score
When I Installed my P.I. head swap I bought everthing from this guy at Liberty Ford. His name is Randy Stinchcomb and his number is 410-655-2000 ext. 5618. Give him a call and he will tell you everthing that you need for your head swap. He does this everyday and he is really good. Also, he will answer all your questions when you do your swap. I hope this will help you out with your P.I. head swap.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
zyzygy said:
I finally got all my parts and took the car to the mechanic, to begin the swap, since he's swamped and the labor will take a while, I started looking for info on the swap from different forum's and noticed that when you put the PI heads(I got the ones that come from Ford racing!) on the npi engine,you have to change the upper timing cover bolts. Is this true? if so; which ones have to be changed? also, do I need to change the cam bolts? please help! I know a couple of people on the forum have done the swap, and I could really use the wisdom that comes from experience in this matter, thanks in advance!
P.S. (I'm going nuts waiting for the car to be completed, because it will take at least a month because of the mechanic's workload!)

The heads you bought from Ford Racing are just regular PI heads unless you bought the $800 a piece SVO/FRPP heads...

You only need to change the bolt size in the timing cover if you use PI heads from a 99/00 (Windsor)

Adam

Reaction score
He has bought Windsor heads. You need valve covers also. Unless they came with them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online