Another Round of Guess The Time!!

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, heading to a drag strip next Friday with a friend of mine. We're going pretty much for giggles since the local autocross place shut down. My car...will be slow. It's a 95 GT, set up for road racing (coilovers, panhard bar, brakes, blah blah). It has a stock motor. Making about 185 to the wheels. It probably weighs around 3400 or so. I won't be dumping the clutch. If I come in under 15 sec I'll be happy.

What do you guys think it'll run? :)

RichV

Reaction score
I can't remember if you run a full interior or not, but I bet you'll be lighter than you think. My 'no ballast' weight is 3100 with me in it, fluids, minimal fuel. Can't believe you've not scaled your car for corner weights, put that on your list for sure! You can use your CO adjustments to corner weight your car now.

Anyway, even with 185HP your torque is <fart noise here>, at 243. Seems a little low, even for stock. You really gotta uncork that sucker, bumping your timing to 14* will a least raise you 15HP/10Tq.

I bet if you shift it like you stole it, maybe high 14s. That's my prediction anyway. :D

OP
OP
mcglsr2

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I can't remember if you run a full interior or not, but I bet you'll be lighter than you think. My 'no ballast' weight is 3100 with me in it, fluids, minimal fuel. Can't believe you've not scaled your car for corner weights, put that on your list for sure! You can use your CO adjustments to corner weight your car now.

Anyway, even with 185HP your torque is <fart noise here>, at 243. Seems a little low, even for stock. You really gotta uncork that sucker, bumping your timing to 14* will a least raise you 15HP/10Tq.

I bet if you shift it like you stole it, maybe high 14s. That's my prediction anyway. :D

Car still has most of it's interior. Back seat is gone and the stuff in the trunk is gone. Everything else is sort of there. I did weight the car at the landfill scale, with my weight and estimating the gas I had, I think the car by itself weighs around 3180 or so. Put my fat ass in there, and depending on how full the tank is, maybe around 3400 or so.

And yes, car is still at 10* base timing. Maybe I will bump it up a little :)

14.79 squealing into 2nd ?

Lol quite possible! I'd be alright with that :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online