anti brake light is on

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My ABS light has been on for a year. The ignore feature works great.

Kboss87

Reaction score
I pulled my abs bulb out, replaced the ABS block with unions and t's, and removed all sensors. Brakes work better than ever.

Not saying you should do the same...but its an option.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
My trips up sometimes, when I turn the headlights on. HID ballast is very close to the ABS box, so I think that causes the issue.

MustangJimmy

Reaction score
My ABS light is on also. I was told it's because I have bigger tires on the back. The back tires are 255/50ZR17 and the fronts are 235/45ZR17. So the tires are spinning at different speeds and the ABS turns itself off.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not sure exactly what the abs thing is with our car but there are two theories. First is the location of the ballast must be emitting some kind of EMF that the bothers the abs sensors. I have heard that relocating can help this sometimes.

The other is that I know when the ballast initially fires, the current consumption will spike around 12-13 amps, and then settle down to 6-8 amps and the fluctuation in amperage somehow makes the computer think that something is wrong with the abs. I have heard that installing a relay can fix this.

I have never had an abs light come on in mine and I have had hids for 5-6 yrs now but I did do a relay harness for both sets(head lights and fogs). I had also heard that putting them behind the battery was a safe location for them and that is where I put them. Not sure what makes the difference but neither one was difficult to do.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Abs?!?! What is this abs you all speak of?!? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99