Any pics of headers?

scootin95gts

Reaction score
Hey everyone i was wondering if anyone has some pics of the stock headers or manifolds that came on the 1994-1995gt

thorco3

Reaction score
well, i could go snap a pic of mine real quick... but what do you need a pic of them for anyways...?

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
So i can see if my headers are stock they are all discolored and i dont know if the previous owner got headers for it yet,

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well thats why im wondering because mine look like headers and not like stock manifolds on some cars and was wondering if the stangs got headers stock anyways so i wanna see a pic of someones stock ones

thorco3

Reaction score
I'll get a picture of my stock goodness tomorrow some time. it's 1am, i don't feel like going out and snapping a pic right now :lame:

but i don't see how you could mistake stock headers/manifolds for aftermarket. mine are extremely small, rusted over of course, and almost rectangular shaped... if that helps ya any. like i said, i'll get a pic tomorrow morning if i remember it.

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
well mine arent rectangular more round but for some reason i think they are stock or some cheap headers

916_5.0

Reaction score
The stock manifolds pretty much look like a shorty headers but normally are kinda rusty brownish color and are kind of rectangular and round. You can tell a pair of shorties though if you have them.

thorco3

Reaction score
alright, sorry it took me a year and a half, but here's a pic of my beautiful stock headers...

i really need to get some headers and a mid pipe... I'm pretty torn on what to get. My original ideas were BBK (ceramic) shorties and BBK o/r X, my other option was flowtech shorties and a bassani o/r X. I have a bassani bx catback I just recently installed... i'll decided soon and hopefully get them installed

anyways, enough of my rambling. the pic requested...

[attachment deleted by admin]

916_5.0

Reaction score
I have bbk shortys and a bassani x pipe. I really like it just need to change the flows at some point. Definatley get the bassani x pipe though, as far as headers i dont know to much about flowtech though but BBKs arent bad pretty good price. Or you could run bassani headers x pip and catback that would be pretty sweet. There shotrys are fairly expesive though.

thorco3

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
I have bbk shortys and a bassani x pipe. I really like it just need to change the flows at some point. Definatley get the bassani x pipe though, as far as headers i dont know to much about flowtech though but BBKs arent bad pretty good price. Or you could run bassani headers x pip and catback that would be pretty sweet. There shotrys are fairly expesive though.

yeah, i think I'm pretty set on getting the bassani mid pipe to match up with my catback... but the headers on the other hand are very pricey. They are also equal lenght which I've heard is a real pita when it comes to installing them (which i would be doing myself of course). I'm thinking I'll maybe just gow with unequal BBK's and the bassani mid. should be a pretty nice setup, I already love the way the car sounds with just the catback (just not throaty/loud enough)

916_5.0

Reaction score
Get the equal lengths the BBKs are like 230 bucks which isnt too bad. I havent see the unequal lengths before on a car so i dont know if they are easier to install or not. But they are both shorty headers so one shouldnt be harder than ththe other. You have to loosen your motor mounts though and and lift the motor a bit to get theone on the passenger side in though cause it hits the engine and engine bay wall other wise. I installed mine at my house it took a few trips to autozone for tools and a full day but i got it done. Make sure when you get your headers get fel-pro gaskets cause the ones that come with the headers are crap and mine blew in like a week.

thorco3

Reaction score
I would think the equal lengths could be more difficult just because of the shape. They are just much larger (not diameter) overall because of the twisted and convoluted primaries.

bassani's are equal length but they come with a pretty hefty price tag too... i dunno, i would really like to just run a full bassani system though

OP
OP
S

scootin95gts

Reaction score
thanks for the pic man,now i know i got some shortie headers but dont know what brand,o/r hpipe and flowmaster exhaust

916_5.0

Reaction score
Yeah full bassani exahsut would be sweet there headers are like 430 buck though arent they? THe only problem with the shape of equal lenth headers is the passenger side. Cause you have to lift the motor a little bit so you can get it into position, cause it hits the side of the bay but i just used a floor jack to lift it a few inches and it fit in fine.

thorco3

Reaction score
916_5.0 said:
Yeah full bassani exahsut would be sweet there headers are like 430 buck though arent they? THe only problem with the shape of equal lenth headers is the passenger side. Cause you have to lift the motor a little bit so you can get it into position, cause it hits the side of the bay but i just used a floor jack to lift it a few inches and it fit in fine.

sounds good, I think that has pretty much made up my mind. I was pretty happy with the catback, might as well keep the whole system matched up :drunk:

916_5.0

Reaction score
Cool deal that will definatley be sweet to have full bassani exhaust, dont see to many people with bassani headers either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online