Anybody read that 2020 crane cam swap in the 5.0 Mag???

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
i pickup the magazine on thursday but finally got to read it yesturday.

they put a crane 2020 cam, crane gold 1.7s, new lifters, pushrods, and timing chain in a 93 GT AOD. the car was 100% stock.

on the cars first baseline pull, it made...... 120hp and 185 torque. OUCH!!!!!!

after bumping the timing and changing the plugs and fuel filter it made 135hp/185trq

after the swap it made 139hp/206trq.

the hp gains were mostly bottom end. as much as 20 hp at 2,845 rpm and 35 torque at 2,708 rpm.

pretty good gain considering how stock it is.

after reading this article, i realized how much better my numbers were with just minnor bolt ons with my aode.

good article i though.

cant wait for my heads/cam/intake swap this spring

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Ha, Ha, just read the 5.0 mag myself, literally and hour ago. I guess with the proper mods (exhaust, inkate, and some fresh heads, hell a fresh motor for that matter) the Crane cam would be nice. On the car they did the test on, the numbers weren't that impressive because of the weak state the car was in to begin with. Still its a new cam so I'm sure it will hit the streets in large numbers soon.

OP
OP
D

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
its weird tho. this cam has been out for some time now. i never heared of it before but when i did a search on corral.net, theres a heck load of posts about it.

on a fresh motor, with the basics like you mentioned, dyno numbers would be something i would like to see

my plans are to use the 2031 cam which has more duration then the 2020 cam. plus it pushes the rpm band 500 rpm.

so reading this article gave me a rough idea of what this cam will do if i want to keep the rest stock. but i'm not :blah2:

UrBaN96

Reaction score
Dan95-5.0 said:
its weird tho. this cam has been out for some time now. i never heared of it before but when i did a search on corral.net, theres a heck load of posts about it.

on a fresh motor, with the basics like you mentioned, dyno numbers would be something i would like to see

my plans are to use the 2031 cam which has more duration then the 2020 cam. plus it pushes the rpm band 500 rpm.

so reading this article gave me a rough idea of what this cam will do if i want to keep the rest stock. but i'm not :blah2:

im running the 2031 with my GT40P heads. i like it. solid idle and the cam makes a TON of TQ

OP
OP
D

Dan95-5.0

Reaction score
what intake are you running with your combo?

any dyno numbers?

what rpm does it stop pulling? i've heared different answers about this. some say 5000 and others say 6000.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online