Anybody running SLP catback on your 5.0??

hottwheels04

Reaction score
well it already had the slp catback on the car when i bought it, lol so.., I'M not totally sure which slp it is, but judging how loud it is in person and raspy compared to other mustangs ill say whatever is the loudest, and it looks like the II"S are for the modular only? im going by the slp website so im kinda confused now to .. lol but its really loud and raspy in person,( heres so u get a idea this is sound from inside) theres a crappy clip off my phone

heres some shity video's off my camera phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9w_ai2vOJI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96ZgwZEAt60

hottwheels04

Reaction score
I have ford shorty headers, off road h pipe , slp catback, i want to put on a catted bassani mid pipe though i would like the more mustang sound, my car doesnt sound like a normal mustang, but it is isane loud in person :banana:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
I have the I's.
I have heard numerous SLP one catbacks on 5.0's at the track and
on the street and it is so raspy and loud it makes me want to vomit. :puke:
Have fun putting SLP parts on your Ford because they belong on a bowtie. :lame:

hottwheels04

Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
ylw95gts said:
I have the I's.

k 1st off too each there own, to 1 person they might like it but u dont, but i had no choice the catback was already on my car and, its $500 catback. so nor do i have the money and time to switch over,so after a month it grew on me i like the attention and how loud it is and esp the :eek: OH SHIT THATS LOUD! LOOK on peoples face, but 1 thing I TENDTO like bassani exaust , so im thinking of puting on a catted h or x BASSANI pipe so it will quiet down/be less raspy, and keep the slp catback.little :hammer:

Pennywise2

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
Pennywise2 said:
ylw95gts said:
I have the I's.
Have you thought about putting a catted Bassani X pipe on your car?
That will mellow it out. Bassani=quality

k 1st off too each there own, to 1 person they might like it but u dont, but i had no choice the catback was already on my car and its $500 catback so no do i have the money and time to switch over,so after a month it grew on me i like the attention and how loud it is and esp the :eek: OH SHIT THATS LOUD! LOOK on peoples face, but 1 thing i do like bassani exaust , so im thinking of puting on a catted h or x pipe so it will quiet down the raspy sound a little :hammer:

hottwheels04

Reaction score
i need to hear the diff between the catted bassani x pipe and a catted h pipe on my car

Pennywise2

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
i need to hear the diff between the catted bassani x pipe and a catted h pipe on my car
If you want to hear some exhaust clips go here.
www.mustangexhaust.com
The Bassani X pipe sounds better than any H pipe on
the market in my opnion plus it's stainless steel.

Downshift

Reaction score
The Bassani X's are pretty nice. To be honest the non catted sound a lot louder and they sound way better. I live in cali so no excuses haha. Im gonna go to an exhuast shop and get some old cats they are throwing away or something along those lines and gut them and weld them into my offroad so it at least looks like I have cats. Its better then paying 400+ for a catted pipe.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
ylw95gts
I take it that sound clip is of ur gt..?.., that sounds FUCKING SICK MAN! i deff want a bassani x pipe now :banana:

95five-oh

Reaction score
Yellow GTS-- sounds badass. I've got bbk shorties, bassani catted X, and dynomax race bullets welded to 2.25" tails. I wanted the SLP LM2 but couldnt find it for less than $375 so i went the cheaper route :nonono: Needless to say u get what u pay for and mine doesnt sound nearly that good, very crackly and rough, and definately seems to hurt my gas mileage. 95gtjeff...if you are buying a new xpipe i'd get the catless one and either keep the stock H for emissions time or weld on some hollowed cats to pass inspection....i paid waay too much for my catted x and the converters are already rotted after less than 2 yrs, not to mention O/R sounds way better.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
yeah i just want it to sound like his and pass emissions lol :banana: O0

Downshift

Reaction score
95gtjeff said:
yeah i just want it to sound like his and pass emissions lol :banana: O0

You could always do what me and all my friends do. Keep the stock H and come smog time hook her up.

ylw95gts

Reaction score
Yes that's my car. :naughty: I went with the Bassani BX Aluminized Steel X-Pipe With Catalytic Converters. Not the stainless steel one. Saved some $ and still has the same quality and fit and finish. Thanks for the compliments.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
ylw95gts said:
Yes that's my car. :naughty: I went with the Bassani BX Aluminized Steel X-Pipe With Catalytic Converters. Not the stainless steel one. Saved some $ and still has the same quality and fit and finish. Thanks for the compliments.

Sick!! NO prob man, yeah i'm deff buying that same x pipe, But the sucky part is that would run me 400-500, I found 1 bassani with highflow cats and it was $538!!! lol damit!! but thats the price u pay when u want top stuff :banana:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online