Anyone ever have a Boss head unit?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Boss has been around for a while and they would have to make one hell of a turn-around for me to consider installing one in my car or for me to install it in some ones car that I like. I would just consider I more work for me in the future either way right.... If your getting it at a good shop with install where you can have them pull/repair it, eh maybe if the price is right...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Its a $150 unit. If you get it in and its not what you want or it craps out, your only out $150. Most reatailers give a return/exchange if the product fails. The audio company I deal with offers an entire year for exchange if the product fails.
My personal experiance with Boss is highly satisfactory for the product price. Yes a better product can be had for more coin, but you cant beat that price.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Mind you in on. High schooler budget... $150 is my price range. Lol
I know you get what you pay for. I just want something that is decent and won't self destruct on me.
[MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] what's your beef with them? Did you have one and it broke or something?

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I just want something that is decent and won't self destruct on me.

Well in that case get anything but a Boss.

I bought a boss immediately after I got my car. The volume knob lasted 1 year and the actual headunit stopped functioning after 2.
Worthless pieces of crap. Save the money for a headunit that's actually worth something in terms of quality.

joekd

Reaction score
If you want really cheap and can live with front USB + AUX I have a pioneer sitting in my garage that I just pulled out of my daughter's car

Works fine, just upgraded her to a new one with full Ipod control and charge (plus her new one has all sorts of fancy colors)

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
no never owned one but got to install a couple of them in my years. Not all that impressive of a build quality myself and pulled more then a few that quit working. I would much sooner buy a good used deck then a new boss deck..

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Pioneer... Enough said.

When it comes to car audio. You get what you pay for. If you don't have enough for something decent now, save up until you do. Don't settle for junk just because you don't have enough money.

Above118

Reaction score
ive had boss 1 time,it came in a civic that i had bought. 2weeks after install crapped out. Right now i have a Jensen (w/flip out tv) and i love it...paid $180 for it(from a buddy,not retail price) and hasn't let me down at all.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION] I might take you up on that if it comes down to it... I really REALLY want something I can run a USB to the back of. Wires hanging around are the WORST. I hate having wires hanging from my dads power outlet above the radio when. I drive. Drives me crazy.

So I guess my best bet is to look for a nice used head unit? I don't have a need to have a new head unit. Like I said my only requirements is a nice screen, good brand, and preferably a rear facing USB.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
[MENTION=11138]joekd[/MENTION] is the pioneer a double din..?
It'd definitely speed up my bezel making if I had a double din to measure and mount in the bezel so I don't have to wait until I can afford one..

joekd

Reaction score
Sorry but no, it's single din

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Oh well then I can just make my old alpine single din work if need be.. Thanks though!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Either way, as noted, even if you have to buy a new deck harness and a new car harness, used decks really aren't bad.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Either way, as noted, even if you have to buy a new deck harness and a new car harness, used decks really aren't bad.

My car harness was cut off by a PO. So I'd have to wire the harness from the head unit straight to the wires on the car. Which isn't a big deal as I already have everything labeled from ****ing with it before.
But yea it looks like I'm gonna be looking for a used head unit. Which is fine by me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online

No members online now.