anyone ever shaved their fuel door?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the hose clamps seal the inner rubber hose to the PVC core I put in to join/rotate the connection 180 degrees.

410sn95

Reaction score
So you hose clamped the inner portions then welded tube over it? Now you can't get to the hose clamps?

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not that I need too but if it was really needed I cut just cut the pipe again. Everything I did today is meant to be put back in and not messed with again.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I would've used something other than PVC tubing.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would've used something other than PVC tubing.

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

I didn't think pvc was suseptable to any problems with fuel, also the reason I used the RTV. Is this something you know to be a problem or just something you suspect? I was afraid to use anything less then some kind of aluminum pipe to keep it from corroding and could not find anything to meet the size need.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I already decided I will keep the filler neck from the parts car before I send it away so if it fails down the road I can start over... But with the neck out of the way I finally fixed that HORRIBLE door problem.. Also happy to say that these are my best welds yet. Getting a little more confortable with it now and just love the possibilities it give...
4897901395784509-229734b355.jpg

a couple of small holes to fill and I am not good enough yet to not need any filler, but it is minimal this time. I cut the patch panel off of the old fender. I got lucky and the bend was pretty close and only needed minimal bending to fit.
3466881395784507-0d5127fa79.jpg

Now I just need to figure out if I am brave enough to try my next project - rear fender flares... I am not sure if its above my, check that I know its above my skill level/pay grade right now as I have never done it before and really don't want to F-that up.... Up too this point my parts car has been my fall back for example if dicked up the door handles too bad, I would just take the door off the parts car! This time I might do it differently and start it on the parts car too see if I like the way it is going..... If I hate it I can say the hell with it and just roll the fenders on my car and call it a day. But I would like to dry and squeeze out maybe another 1/2" and see if I could cram some 11" wide 19" wheels back there just for giggles.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
This time I might do it differently and start it on the parts car too see if I like the way it is going..... If I hate it I can say the hell with it and just roll the fenders on my car and call it a day.

I was going to suggest this half way through reading your post. I'd do one fender on your parts car and do it all the way through, if it comes out good move onto your car. If you do it right, and knowing you you will, it'll look badass.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online