Anyone running Sumitomo or Nexen tires? Pros,Cons?

BlackDemonGT

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new set of cheap tires. My car is a seasonal driver! I was looking into either Nexen N3000 or Sumitomo HTR Z.
Im looking to spend around 350-400 for a set. (245/45/17.)

Any advice would be appreciated,
Im new to this forum so i hope im in the section!

wytstang

Reaction score
You are in the right section. Now I had the Sumi htrz II's and they well sucked in the rain and I got ride of them. The htrz III's look to have a better tread design and would probably chose that model over the II's.

98v6er

Reaction score
I just got rid of a set of sumi htrz 2's as well... For the money they are a decent tire, but I would not buy them again. They didn't even last me 10000 miles.

Mntlkase

Reaction score
sumi htrz 2 suck. I had them in a 275\40\17 on my mostly stock gt, and couldn't hook for shit with them on street or at the track.

Sinned83

Reaction score
I got the nexen's they are pretty good had them for almost a year the seem to hold up good. I would not recommend sumitomo

OP
OP
B

BlackDemonGT

Reaction score
djk83 said:
I got the nexen's they are pretty good had them for almost a year the seem to hold up good. I would not recommend sumitomo

I was really curious about the Nexen's. A place near buy sells them for $75 a piece but i dont know anyone that has used them. What are they like in wet conditions

Dysfunction

Reaction score
I've got Kumho ASX's. They have really good dry traction, and alright wet traction. I never feel like i'm going to loose it going on exit ramps and such like it did with my last tires.

Sinned83

Reaction score
Seem to be pretty good I live in florida where we had a above average rainy season this year. I would buy them again for the money.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
I love nexen 3000s

they hook great in dry weather and like any other tire in the rain

Im only running 275s and ive been very impressed with them compared to some of the more expensive tires ive had before.

BOOM_FIST

Reaction score
Sumitomo's are OK for the price. I didn't have too much of a problem when I had them on my 96 Cobra. They did suck balls in the rain though. I guess I would say try the Nexen's. I'm running 275/40 Ventus HRII's right now and I'm pretty impressed with them. Don't know the difference in price but look at a few other alternatives???

greenscobie86

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Falken Zeix ZE502's.

Good tries and can be found quite cheap online, the 275 40 17 is quite "fat" too in case anyone wants a bit of bulge on a 9" rim.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
For the money, definately try nexens...theyre made by firestone/bridgestone I believe

OP
OP
B

BlackDemonGT

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
For the money, definately try nexens...theyre made by firestone/bridgestone I believe
f
I think im gonna try the nexens.....if they suck i'll just burn them off and post a YouTube vid.. Either way its a win-win!!

Slykin

Reaction score
I have Sumitomo HTR Z III's. I like em. Straight line grip isn't that great but I like autocross... Wet grip is pretty good, just drive safely. I like them for corner carving fairly well though, they talk back you pretty well and it's easy to know when you're overdoing it. Not sure about about how long they'll last though, only put about 1500 miles on em so far.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Maxxis Mav-1 are the best tires for the money i have used. I got them mounted and balanced for around $335...they lasted between 15 and 20 thousand miles.

Woodysiphone

Reaction score

What would be a good all around daily driver tire...

Sinned83

Reaction score
Im telling you guys those nexens n3000s are legit for the price. I have put 15k on mine since february and still have plenty of tread.

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
i hate my sumos... no traction in the rain. Good for the money. Slightly dangerous

Woodysiphone

Reaction score

I am not looking for a budget tire I am looking for the best all around tire for a street/daily driver that won't put the cobra in a ditch on a rainy day...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online