Dusting off my 99 Cobra

Hiram

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I plan on taking my 99 Cobra to the track (Buttonwillow Raceway) for the first time.

The car has been sitting for over 2 years, has 75,xxx and hasn’t been started in over 6 months! At least it’s in Souther California and the temps never dipped too low.

What should be the first steps be? Flush all fluids?

Since it’s been sitting for quite some time, I’m pretty sure the tires are no good. I’m looking at Sumitomo HTR z iii or Nitto 555s. I want to go with a square set up for my stock 17s. Suggestions on size, or which tire to go with?

Right now, she has Eibach Sportlines with blown shocks/struts. I plan on getting some Bilsteins but not sure which ones. I eventually want to get some Maximum Motorsports coil-overs, but I’m just gonna take baby steps for now. Maybe put some H&R race springs with matches Bilsteins?

Should I address the brakes? Hawk HP-Plus with dot 3 fluid?

Any suggestions and tips is greatly appreciated!!

Jay

Last edited:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Only 6 months?? Change the oil and fire it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

Hiram

Reaction score
Only 6 months?? Change the oil and fire it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The car has been sitting at my parents house and I HOPE it’s been started 6 months ago. My Pops really can’t remember exactly when, he’s kinda just guessing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would get the brakes a good once over as well. Well honestly after sitting for 6 months you should look the car over completely from top/bottom.

OP
OP
H

Hiram

Reaction score
No, other priorities came up so I haven’t been able to get the car. It doesn’t look like I’ll be tracking the car, but I’ll def be driving it through the canyons during the weekends.
I'm kinda late to the party but did you get it on the track?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online