Anyone running Sumitomo or Nexen tires? Pros,Cons?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I've had Sumitomo HTR ZIII on my car for a little bit in 275. They were pretty good for the price. I've done about 7 track days on them, and roughly 15k miles on top of that, until they were starting to noticably show wear. They worked fairly well at the track, although they got hot kinda quick. One thing I really did not like about them was the fact that they wore in the center quicker than sides, and keep in mind, that I did not overinflate them either.

Sinned83

Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
I've had Sumitomo HTR ZIII on my car for a little bit in 275. They were pretty good for the price. I've done about 7 track days on them, and roughly 15k miles on top of that, until they were starting to noticably show wear. They worked fairly well at the track, although they got hot kinda quick. One thing I really did not like about them was the fact that they wore in the center quicker than sides, and keep in mind, that I did not overinflate them either.
This sounds weird but the compound of the htrzIII is awesome but sumitomo is still a cheap tire.

Woodysiphone said:
I am not looking for a budget tire I am looking for the best all around tire for a street/daily driver that won't put the cobra in a ditch on a rainy day...
Best is like comparing apples to oranges buddy. If you want good wet/dry tires check out Nitto and bfg.

Naptown_Stang

Reaction score
I have sumitomos now and I like them they hook much better when hot. I have no complaints so far. I would reccomend Nitto NT555s great tire

cantbuytime

Reaction score
You get what you pay for!

A better brand tire will last longer and perform better.

RockstarMentality

Reaction score
cantbuytime said:
You get what you pay for!

A better brand tire will last longer and perform better.
Performance and longevity do not go together when it comes to tires

Sinned83

Reaction score
people can argue all day which tire is better but here is some proof that the nexen n3000 are pretty decent. You can see I bought them on January 22, 2010 for $85 each.
DSC01340.jpg

Here is a pic of the tread wear as of today. If the tread reaches the top of Lincoln memorial which it does then you have more than 6/32 tread remaining. This is my DD after around 25k on these tires.

DSC01336.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online