Anyone swapped mach460 withOUT subs for Mach460 WITH subs?

W

Wes8398

Just wondering how easy/hard it would be to take the subs and amp from a newer Mach460 and install them in my 97 mach460 system. Would it be worth it, or just as much work to put an aftermarket sub in the trunk and have it sound better?

gt96stang

Reaction score
aftermarket will sound better...and usually can pick up nice stuff for less than you think. ;)

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

Aftermarket = a lot of money though. I'll have to buy a head unit, wiring, amp, speakers, etc, etc. I know you can get that stuff pretty cheap off ebay. My first car had a $3,000 stereo in it that was all off Ebay for a total of about $700. lol
A member over on MD forums suggested to swap in a Mach1000 system since it all plugs right in to what Ive got. I'll have to see if a) they're available anywhere (which i doubt), and b) what they're worth. I think I'd be happy with the 460 speakers/components, so maybe I should just look into a sub and amp to go with the stock speakers. Then I'd turn the bass real low to the stockers, and let the sub do that work.
I think my mom's '04 6 banger has the mach1000 in it and it sounds pretty nice. There's no crossover though, so the speakers distort waaaay before the subs do.

gt96stang

Reaction score
if you want... I say head over to Mustangforums and talk to a couple of people in their audio/video section.. They are very helpful and if you give them a budget/music you listen too, I bet they can come up with something...

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
ANything aftermarket is better then the stock 460!

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
you know the mach 460 with subs is the mach 1000 right...and its not that hard to put in the subs and amps, but its not really worth it.

OP
OP
W

Wes8398

I'll check out mustang forums, thanks for the advice! Yes, I do realize that the mach460 is the mach1000 without the subs. I'm gonna 'test drive' my mom's Mach1000 and see if I think it's worth the hassles/money to get ahold of the subs and amps. Probably be close to the same price just to get an aftermarket sub and amp used somewhere though. I think for mid and high range sound, the 460 speakers are very good. It's just the low-end that lags ... a LOT. lol

M.O.E

Reaction score
I think the 460 sucks in every way! Aftermarket :thumb:

Peter

Reaction score
I have heard a few stock 460 systems with just an aftermarket deck and sub/amp. Sounds wicked. You can buy a harness for decks that the stock 460 can run off of. I would suggest doing that. Much cheaper to buy a deck/sub/amp and keep the stock speakers then buy all new speakers. Plus those stock ford speakers are cheap as hell if you ever blow one out.

gt96stang

Reaction score
I am running a headunit, amp, and sub... I've also got my fronts amped until I get some new comps to replace them... There is no real need for rear speakers... I don't even run mine... Think of it this way..
Do you turn around to listen to music when you go to a concert?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online