Anyone who has done a carb swap on a SN95...

FastFox37

Reaction score
Hey guys/gals I am new to the forum and the SN95 cars... With that being said I am building an open track 1994 and have built the engine with a Holley and Edelbrock Performer RPM intake.

Eventually I plan to race the car with NASA in the Camaro Mustang Challenge.

The CMC rules require a stock k-member and a stock hood.

If you have done a carb swap into one of these cars or know of someone who has were they able to fit the carb and air filter under a stock hood?

If so, what motor mounts were used and what filter was used?

Any suggestions, information, etc... will be appreciated.

RichV

Reaction score
Welcome! What region?

One of the guys in our region has a carb'd SN. I haven't seen the car yet, but can report once I see it (probably next weekend). As far as I know it's all under the stock hood. Remember you have to have a specific intake and carb to be legal.

OP
OP
F

FastFox37

Reaction score
Rich, Thanks for the welcome!!

I will be in the mid-Atlantic region.

I purchased the car as a roller a few months ago and have engine built. Right now I just have a stock GT cam in it along with an Edelbrock Performer intake and 4776 carb. I was focusing on building a durable engine while I go through HPDE's. Once I get the car sorted and the cage in it I will change the intake to the Performer RPM.

Any information you can come up with from the fella in your region with the carb'd SN95 will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again...

RichV

Reaction score
For the motor, just build a stock compression shortblock, GT40 or GT40p heads, 1.7RR, E303 cam, and it will make 260rwhp easy.

Brakes are pretty decent out of the box. Get some good blank rotors (I use the NAPA premium), Carbotech or HAWK pads all the way around, and change brake fluid to a good synthetic dot 3/4. Front calipers could benefit from some 99-04 GT calipers, they are lighter and have better clamping force than stock 94-98 GT/V6 calipers. Brake lines to braided, get the 5 line kit.

Suspension is pretty open on what you need/want to do. Springs/shocks you want a 1000lb or close front spring, rear springs depend on suspension but start with 250-300, replace the LCAs with some aftermarket units with poly bushings, keep uppers stock. Shocks, Koni SA/DA, Bilstein HD, or Tokico D-Spec are all good options. CC plate, set alignment to max caster, 1/8" positive toe, and -3 camber. Don't slam the car, Mustangs need some suspension movement to work.

Start there, do some HPDEs and see what else the car lacks. You can also check out my SN build and what I'm fighting with this season under the Season 2013 in the road race section.

Good luck! Fun-est and one of the cheapest road race classes out there. Sure there are faster classes, but the exhaust note of 20+ V8 cars is awesome!!

OP
OP
F

FastFox37

Reaction score
Rich... Thanks for the suggestions, I really appreciate it!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online