Anyone wrap their Inake pipe to reduce IAT temps

venom

Reaction score
Looking for suggestions. I have noticed that once my fan turns on the IAT climbs 10d and stays steady. I have my pipe right in front of the radiator fan. Want to try this http://www.thermotec.com/products/14500-cool-air-tube-heat-shield.html but don't like the lace look. Could hide it and use neutral color. Have you guys used anything else that works.

IMG_9428_zpsrjuyhyif.jpg

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So It's a sleeve with grommets for laces in it to help it hang on better? Or do the laces serve another purpose? I think you could get away without making it look like fish net stockings like the picture shows. I imagine it would help a ton especially on your set up.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yea that pattern I can't think helps sell much. there are a couple of places that do ceramic coating. I sent my intake/tb to nitroplate and had them do them and I have nothing but great stuff to say but they quit doing small orders shortly after that.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
Yea that pattern I can't think helps sell much. there are a couple of places that do ceramic coating. I sent my intake/tb to nitroplate and had them do them and I have nothing but great stuff to say but they quit doing small orders shortly after that.
Yeah was going to check them out until you mentioned they stopped.

OP
OP
V

venom

Reaction score
So It's a sleeve with grommets for laces in it to help it hang on better? Or do the laces serve another purpose? I think you could get away without making it look like fish net stockings like the picture shows. I imagine it would help a ton especially on your set up.
Looks like laces are used to tighten up the diameter but looks horrible IMO. Not sure why you would want those laces to been seen as many pics online show.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think nitroplate and a couple of others do the ceramic. Your motor looks too good to be wrapping it with foil imo. Like I said I did my upper in a bright reflective and the lower in a flat black but both ceramic. No need to worry about polishing as well.
2937781443239364-c449fbc10b.jpg

9840881443179925-7ddaf42bcd.jpg

hotmustang95

Reaction score
I think nitroplate and a couple of others do the ceramic. Your motor looks too good to be wrapping it with foil imo. Like I said I did my upper in a bright reflective and the lower in a flat black but both ceramic. No need to worry about polishing as well.
2937781443239364-c449fbc10b.jpg

That does look very nice. I would love to get rid of that textured finish the Systemax comes with. I believe it would have to be sanded off before doing ceramic or nitroplate

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.