AODE trans reliable?

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
Is the AODE a reliable transmission? I have no experience with one. I'd love a manual car but if an emergency were to arise my wife can't drive a manual.

My DD is a manual so only one manual per household for me.:sad:

toyman

Reaction score
They're as good as the build and are fairly reliable in stock form. You could also install a manual valve body and shift it like a manual if you wanted.

RichV

Reaction score
Or teach wifey how to drive a manual. :)

AOD/E are rock solid, I've even put a 125shot to one on a fairly regular basis. I still know where the car is and it's still on the same AOD.

OP
OP
Promodmerc67

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
Or teach wifey how to drive a manual. :)

AOD/E are rock solid, I've even put a 125shot to one on a fairly regular basis. I still know where the car is and it's still on the same AOD.

I would have to pay someone to teach her. I don't have the patience for that. The way she is glued to her phone talking while driving I can only imagine what a car would look like if she was driving a manual.

RichV

Reaction score
Yea, that in itself is dangerous as shit.

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I'm going through the same thing with my wife as well.
She absolutely refuses to learn to drive a manual. :argue:And it just so happens that her truck is having issues right now and repaires would be much easier if she did know how to drive a manual. Still she refuses.:BangHead:

OP
OP
Promodmerc67

Promodmerc67

Reaction score
It makes it a pain trying to find a Mustang as the majority are manual. If find an auto it's more than I want to spend, a three hour drive, or a convertible. Nothing against convertible,s but living in Kansas City there are not that many months that the weather is nice enough to put the top down.

chris91

Reaction score
The AODE held up great in my Vortech Supercharged 94 GT. It only had a shift kit too. There are companies that build them to hold whatever you want also.

russ8825

Reaction score
The AODEs work very well, the only thing that fails on them is the OD band sometimes. Just get shiftkit on it. If you plan on doing some racing, a high stall converter helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online