August 2013 ROTM Nomination thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
FaykSaleen

CIMG2741.jpg

It may be far from finished but so far it's everything i look for in a mustang.

Good Call Bro, I +1 This Build. I read it the other night. It came in a shell literally.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys really appreciate it. Update pics to follow as of tomorrow. She will be wrapped up in the next few days . When I saw my car it was almost like the guys on overhaulin I was in complete disbelief the thing looks ****in beautiful , words can't describe how happy I was and right as I go to snap a pic my phone died.... I don't know if you guys saw my pics on Instagram or on fb but on the way to work I Almost rolled my Tahoe on the bridge wheel bearing blew up wheel started to come off locked up and turned my truck sideways into oncoming back drivers tire came right off the ground . I ended up dragging the front tire the last 100 feet or so off the bridge ....
AE4061A0-8B24-4876-8D44-04820A0FD9B4-596-00000019AFF2461C_zps9edadd03.jpg

9E9DA0E6-F008-4413-8E6A-61279E6DFFA2-596-00000019C16DCBC7_zps3a101c25.jpg
... Great way to start my Monday I called my buddy he came an grabbed me so I could grab my f350 and get to work. He ended up fixing it there for me on the spot ... So the end of my day wa awesome car looks beautiful ,towing it to my shop in the morning .

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang rough luck Kyle!!

I have to second KidK9. That is one of my favorite builds. Soooo in depth.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
My boy whiplash is who I nominate and fayksaleen

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Dang rough luck Kyle!!

I have to second KidK9. That is one of my favorite builds. Soooo in depth.
Yea dude was pretty messed up shit happens I'm rolling the diesel instead anyways I boycotted the Tahoe for a bit

Nightmare

Reaction score
As we all know, sometimes projects can drag on for years and years and years.

Take a stroll through our project and Build-Up area and pick out your favorite!

http://www.sn95forums.com/forumdisplay.php?50-Build-Ups-amp-Projects

This month we are doing BUOTM instead of ROTM ;-)

Why? because sometimes its tough to keep on pluggin' away year after year while the cars that actually get from point-a to point-b are out getting the glory. lol.

Dont just pick the few that are on pages 1 and 2.... We have a great budget-build fox hiding in there, as well as a 4v classic-resto, and a god-like fast-back/snive combo.... that's just three examples!

You can nominate any build that is in progress, on hold, or just beginning. A streetable car is no longer considered a "build" for this contest and should be nominated for "ride" of the month, as it function as a "ride" lol.

Enjoy!!!

Chris, I challenge this.....The build of the month could be any members car on here, because in all reality, they are never done. Mustangs and motorcycles are constantly under some sort of construction....Just when I think I have a final 2 year plan formulated for my car, I come up with another 6 things and 4k worth of parts to throw at her.....

With that being said, I could pick about 6 cars.....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Wrong bolt on cars aren't project cars really he's talking about the guys who's cars been down for months and getting big make overs engine bays suspension brakes or whatever the **** else not people's daily drivers that they want to further mod .

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Chris, I challenge this.....The build of the month could be any members car on here, because in all reality, they are never done. Mustangs and motorcycles are constantly under some sort of construction....Just when I think I have a final 2 year plan formulated for my car, I come up with another 6 things and 4k worth of parts to throw at her.....

With that being said, I could pick about 6 cars.....

haha. this could be true, indeed!! Sometimes youre like "i just want an intake" then.... 8 forged pistons and a N2O bottle later.. . .. . :p

But, in this case we are looking for our foolish members... the ones who are debating the chromed out valve covers, or the kids' college education. The ones who've dropped out of college to work on their cars *cough*... The ones who decided that last month's rent was something that could be handled later on, but the bad ass deal on the aeromotive fuel pump system in our classifieds section is something that needs immediate attention. The ones who decided that at the end of the day a 1994 Mustang V6 with a snf pushing 750 horsepower does sound like more fun than a new corvette. The ones who have not only forgotten their wives' names, but also forgot they had wives.. .. .....

These are the ones we want to honor this month.

I agree. Even a DD stang is a project car. But not quite on the same level of addiction as some of the others.

GsLznWf.png

Nightmare

Reaction score
Wrong bolt on cars aren't project cars really he's talking about the guys who's cars been down for months and getting big make overs engine bays suspension brakes or whatever the **** else not people's daily drivers that they want to further mod .

I agree with you to a point, however there are also those of us who are only able to drive their cars of 6 months of the year, and then use the other 6 months to build their cars. I tend to feel that a project car is a car that gets at least 2000 or more thrown at it a crack. This goes back to what you were saying about the big make overs.....Some of them are done over the course of an afternoon and not over the course of months and months.....

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Bolting a blower on doesn't mean it's a project car Installing a tko doesn't make it a project car ... I know where ur coming from I get a winters here where most my modding happens in this case the build took years like some others

96_SVT_Cobra

SN95 Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but unless i am understanding you incorrectly, unless you are doing body work and paint it doesnt count as a project car....

cuz building a motor or adding a supercharger/turbo/fmic and suspension just bolts together for the most part, and obviously swapping stereo and speakers is something best buy does in a few hours....

i guess the only question i have is would building a motor, adding a blower or turbo, swapping transmissions, and doing suspension upgrades only constitute a "project" if you do it all at once?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Not to be a dick, but unless i am understanding you incorrectly, unless you are doing body work and paint it doesnt count as a project car....

cuz building a motor or adding a supercharger/turbo/fmic and suspension just bolts together for the most part, and obviously swapping stereo and speakers is something best buy does in a few hours....

i guess the only question i have is would building a motor, adding a blower or turbo, swapping transmissions, and doing suspension upgrades only constitute a "project" if you do it all at once?

Buikding a motor is one thing bolting a vortech on a Saturday while eating lunch doesn't fall under the project/build theme

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Guys, come on. This is a nomination thread, not a discussion thread. The stipulations were posted at the beginning:

You can nominate any build that is in progress, on hold, or just beginning. A streetable car is no longer considered a "build" for this contest and should be nominated for "ride" of the month, as it function as a "ride"

Just nominate your favorite build and let the administration do the narrowing down of the nominees who best fit the scope of the contest.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Musturd
Afghanibob
KidK9
Dalamar's fastback
unltrvlnmatt's coupe
White95
FaykSaleen

current members nominated

KidK9

Reaction score
Agreed. If someone is bolting on a blower and you want it considered a build up...then nominate said person and let the chips fall.

OP
OP
MustangChris

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
we can have this little game of toast in another thread. lol.

my goal is to get the "on-going projects" a little recognition. These cars are some of the reasons our members stick around is to learn how some of these amazing builds are done... every month we give credit to the cars that had a blower bolted on over the course of a weekend -- every month. So no one is hating on these cars, they get 11 months out of the year! -- we're just trying to get the cars that dont get the recognition 15 seconds in the spotlight for a change.

additionally, a lot of our new members are solid members who are already pouring their hearts and wallets into their cars. I wanted to give them a taste of what this forum holds for them if they stick around.... I would bet serious money half of our newer members werent aware Paul had a fox body project until right now. that jeff was building a fastback. that matt was doing a 4v swap. that that Kyle had fresh paint.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stillridin