AutoMeter Online Sales Rep

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:thumbsup:

I logged onto AutoMeter's site to look up gauges. I quickly sank in over my head on the MASSIVE assortment of gauges... Due to my "nature" in the car world...i wanted the "bestest" gauges that money could by... I found the Nexus series on Lethal P's website and they seemed to be the most awesomest gauges ever...

It looked as if the Nexus Wideband didnt have some of the functions the other series offered, so i put in a tech support message into Autometer's webpage... i thought "well, ive done this before... ill never get an answer..."

About an hour later my e-mail box got hit with a reply from Joseph. i was amazed. He answered my question and it turns out there is a remote control for the Nexus series (wow!) and that I would need at least 2 nexus gauges as a minimum to use that series. I said that I wanted mechanical gauges, as electric were too expensive. He said that Nexus is only electric full sweep and he pointed me to another gauge series.

Instead of giving me a sales pitch and talking me into buying another nexus series gauge to use with the wideband.... he showed me a much more economical gauge (saving $100.00 on the wideband and $75.00 on the secondary gauge i would have had to have bought [boost, i beleive?] instead of sticking with nexus.) He could have made a sale on me, making more money, but instead he gave me honest information. In exchange for saving me $175.00 on my gauges, i decided to give my "brand loyalty" to autometer.

2 weeks later I find out that NHRA doesnt allow mechanical oil pressure gauges... what did i do? I sent Joseph another e-mail. He replied quickly and pointed me in the right direction. He sat through my stupid n00b questions and answered them without making me feel like a tard. This time I went with full sweep electric gauges, as Joseph suggested, but I put in the extra money for warning lights.

Cost Joseph saved me on the first purchase: ~$175.00
next autometer purchase: $820.90

Thats what happens when you honest sales/tech people.

Many Thanks AutoMeter! I look forward to my Ultra Lite Series Gauges!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online