Back from the dead - Coyote swap

joe65

Reaction score
The guys that are responding here know their stuff keep asking them questions. I vote for the bmr k member also. I just put one on my 4.6 2v and really like it. The stock k member is fucking hell to work around. Everything is accessible from underneath now makes maintenance and swapping anything/everything so much easier to get to.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I reached out to mgw hopefully they can help me out. Not sure what I’m going to do if they can’t that sounds like a problem.

How is this one as far as k members/can you tell me what else I’d need as far as that’s concerned?

Also does anyone know if I can use the stock drive shaft?

That k-member will NOT work. It’s meant for 96-04 cars with a 5.0 302 aka small block ford. You need the standard 96-04 K-member MMKM-2

(Trust me, I have one very similar but MMKM-1.2 which is for 94-95 cars with 4.6, Coyotes, etc)

Since you’re trying the MT82 route, you’ll likely have to have a custom driveshaft cut.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I reached out to mgw hopefully they can help me out. Not sure what I’m going to do if they can’t that sounds like a problem.

How is this one as far as k members/can you tell me what else I’d need as far as that’s concerned?

I second the MMKM-2 for the 4.6 or Coyote. It is a very nice piece and you can spend more doing some other front suspension stuff.

I was thinking the MT-82 in my swap, but came to a quick decision it was NOT worth the effort or $$$ to put it in the car. You're better off with any modular transmission that is made for them. I use my T3650. Also, YES!, you will need a new custom driveshaft. The MT-82 has a flange style connector and you'll need to custom measure for a one-piece shaft, which could be in the $900 range. Then you can think about spending more for the shift lever, clutch master, etc.

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Glad I asked about that k member! Thanks for all the great info!

If I did go with the mm k member would it allow me to utilize a lot of stock components or would I need to buy coilovers etc to make it work?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Glad I asked about that k member! Thanks for all the great info!

If I did go with the mm k member would it allow me to utilize a lot of stock components or would I need to buy coilovers etc to make it work?

No, it would not. You must run coil overs.

The BMR setup will allow you to use coil springs. I don’t know specifically what it comes with but @lwarrior1016 has one. He loves it.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I do have the bmr k member, but I have coil overs with mine. They do have an option with spring perches so you can use regular coil springs.

The fit and finish is great, header and oil pan clearance is also great, and their customer service is fantastic as well.

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
I’m not find anything km2 but I found this. Is this the one I’m looking for?

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions when it comes to gauges? I’d like something that’s plug and play if possible.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions when it comes to gauges? I’d like something that’s plug and play if possible.
I did mine with stock gauges and it works. Depending on what Gen-version you're using dictates the wiring needs, but all doable. If you want to change the dash, you can get the Dakota Digital setup, and I think that'll be close to $1500 if my math is right. White95 has this on his I believe so he'll chime in. All just "stuff" to think about.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I did mine with stock gauges and it works. Depending on what Gen-version you're using dictates the wiring needs, but all doable. If you want to change the dash, you can get the Dakota Digital setup, and I think that'll be close to $1500 if my math is right. White95 has this on his I believe so he'll chime in. All just "stuff" to think about.

@lwarrior1016 has the Dakota Digital stuff but I believe your math is accurate.

I have the older, 7” Holley dash.

BA115C6D-D21E-4429-A764-1FFE14381E40.jpeg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I seem to recall having just under $1k in the Dakota digital gauges. They require wiring though. I am going to use the obd port and get most of my information through the communication line.

Before these, I had all autometer gauges. 371865CD-7221-49BC-A5B6-C40CEB652235.jpeg75E465FB-67B4-4715-8861-9509DEC4B5D3.jpeg

Rjnelson222

Reaction score

Hey, what drive shaft did you end up going with?

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Haven’t decided on the drive shaft. Think I’m going to have a local company help me out.

OP
OP

03torchgt

Reaction score
Yeah it came out of this 2019 Bullitt. I took everyone's advice and went with BMR for the K member and Dakota digital for the gauges. I appreciate all the help!IMG_5610 2.PNG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online