back in a sn95

Mikes94gt

Reaction score
I had a 98GT about 6 years ago. Sold it about 3 years and got an 06 GT. Well fast forward another few years and picked up a 94 GT. I am very excited to do the build. Exterior is real clean, interior is also. The previous owner had a blower on it and removed basically the entire top of motor. I picked up stock upper and lower intake and fuel rails. Need full exhaust and trans rebuilt, and head gasket. Comes with cobra brakes and some minor suspension work. I got it for 1000 which I thought wasn't bad for a clean platform. Car has 70k original miles. I can't seem to upload picks but its the one in my profile pic.
Questions..what should I expect to pay to get trans rebuilt? Auto.
Are cobra brakes worth keeping or swapping on stockers and buy more parts with rebuild from sale? I'll post up as I start tp work on car

EricSt1tch

Reaction score
Keep the cobra brakes on. Way better stopping power (single piston vs. dual pistons on cobra's). Transmission, it depends on how heavy you wanna go and where you take it. One guy might say $700 to rebuild it, another will say $1500. You got an awesome deal on the car and thankfully, the 5.0 is a lot cheaper than a 4.6 to get parts for :D

RichV

Reaction score
Keep the brakes, specially if they did all 4 corners and the MC.

May as well see if you can find some better heads if you gotta go in there anyway, along with a intake. The trans *should be around a grand last time I remember. But it will make a difference if they do the install or you just bring them a trans. Another option is to find a good one used. I have heard guys using the V6 autos from the new edges. I think you need some sort of electronic shifting module, but they hold up to some decent power.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I had a 98GT about 6 years ago. Sold it about 3 years and got an 06 GT. Well fast forward another few years and picked up a 94 GT. I am very excited to do the build. Exterior is real clean, interior is also. The previous owner had a blower on it and removed basically the entire top of motor. I picked up stock upper and lower intake and fuel rails. Need full exhaust and trans rebuilt, and head gasket. Comes with cobra brakes and some minor suspension work. I got it for 1000 which I thought wasn't bad for a clean platform. Car has 70k original miles. I can't seem to upload picks but its the one in my profile pic.
Questions..what should I expect to pay to get trans rebuilt? Auto.
Are cobra brakes worth keeping or swapping on stockers and buy more parts with rebuild from sale? I'll post up as I start tp work on car

How mechanically inclined are you, and what kind of work space do you have? You can rebuild that transmission yourself, its not very hard and there is a great set of videos on you tube that show you step by step how to tear it down and put it together.

OP
OP
Mikes94gt

Mikes94gt

Reaction score
im a good bolt on guy and a little more. I did cams in my buddys 08 GT. Trans though is way out of my comfort zone and do not really have the space for that. I will look into used ones first.

OP
OP
Mikes94gt

Mikes94gt

Reaction score
yeah, I may do heads. I was told to look into the explorer heads and intake so may do that. like I said, the 5.0 platform is new to me. I am used to the 3 valve but im learning and appreciate all the advice!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online