Bad ground? How to fix?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its janky no doubt but it works to fix the noise issue, or to test and see if that is the issue. Like I said just ground the outer shield and if it does go away I have repaired friends decks that were out of warranty by simply slipping the wire between the rca connectors as I slid the them together and it worked for years after.

20259d1501226976-pioneer-headunit-pico-fuse-fix-%2A56k%2A-dsc00655.jpg

OP
OP

94RioRedSnake

Reaction score
I found some old threads that talk about that issue on the pioneer units. This is a brand new for 2017 unit so I'm not sure that problem ever got fixed.

I also remember seeing a ground underneath by the driver kick panel so I can check that one. I do think the alternator could be an issue even though I had it tested a while back. I have seen times where my headlights or clock light will dim if the rpm drops low, and then brightens back up when the rpm climbs back to normal. Maybe that's just normal though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only reason I am not concerned about the alt is you have mentioned everything about anything in the dash or door moving EXCEPT the voltage gauge. The only time the alternator was mentioned when I looked back was to call the noise in your stereo "alternator noise" which is what it is called and what makes the noise but properly installed and functioning equipment will not have a problem with this noise, they are designed to work with it as its expected. Now the low voltage at idle does tell me its the alt or underdrive pullies? . Another thought, there should be a small metal can mounted to your coil with a single wire coming out of it. It is a cap that reduced noise and can cause this problem as well.

The pico fuse is supposed to be some kind of safety device to protect idunno what. It only blows during improper procedures and I am willing to bet they have a plan to replace them if/when they do blow and not at a loss either is my guess. Just try grounding the outer RCA shield while the deck is on and if the noise quits, that is the problem.

The grounds/kick panel is stab in the dark but when your chasing electrical gremlins no matter how bright your light is there is always another dark area right behind you....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online