OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Not bad, cobra brakes?

thanks man, just the gt brakes power stop rotors

I'm pretty sure I've said it before but I'm jealous of how clean your door jambs are.

Car looks amazing, Tony. It's still maintaining a simple look but not at the same time.

even though i had a complete respray the car was pretty mint with low miles. door jams, trunk jams and engine bay was super clean from the start. and thanks for the compliment whippy much appreciated

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like the bags worked out for ya. Its nice to have someone else on air. I can understand the price scares most people away but if they had some bags for a day it would change their mind.

Tally_4.6

Reaction score
That's like handing somebody the keys to a ferrari or Porsche, and saying 'hey I know this is expensive, but just drive it and tell me what you think.' Of course they're gonna love it and come back with a shit eating grin on their face...But that doesn't mean they can afford it lol

Tha trap house.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
How much is a complete setup for bags really?

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

Vegasfilter

Reaction score
Dude....friggin' GOALS right there man. Truly inspiring. I have been stalling on mine for quite some time and have just started to build it up and get moving on it for spring/summer. That car is badass and makes me want to get closer on mine. Great work man.

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
Holy hell. Perfect.....just perfect. Fitment is spot on. I wouldn't change a thing. Going with the CCWs was the best decision you couldve made. I love everything about it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score

It depends on how you go about it. We agreed on a fair deal on my bags that were really barely used but of course not full price either. If you look around you can find set ups for sale used and they are built pretty robust so as long as you don't see any bad wear on them they will last for a while. But I warn you the bug is starting to chew on you now so watch out and what ever you do DO NOT go for a ride in one or you will be sold. I have one guy in my club now wanting to take a trip to ridetech after a ride in mine.

hondarocks61

Reaction score
It depends on how you go about it. We agreed on a fair deal on my bags that were really barely used but of course not full price either. If you look around you can find set ups for sale used and they are built pretty robust so as long as you don't see any bad wear on them they will last for a while. But I warn you the bug is starting to chew on you now so watch out and what ever you do DO NOT go for a ride in one or you will be sold. I have one guy in my club now wanting to take a trip to ridetech after a ride in mine.
This is beating a dead horse I'm sure but, what is the best handling system? I have heard that modern high end bag systems are very capable in corners, but I'm also sure some are more capable than others...

Just curiosity I swear! But man that looks awesome... Hmmmm.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ride tech has multiple guys autox'ing on the circuit and heavily compete.

So obviously they got it right

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I know that, I mean is that the next thing to do?

Tha trap house.
oh, my bad i misread...yea i'll get around to doing brakes one day..not sure i'll go with cobra brakes or go bigger with wilwoods or bear though. need money tbh :p

This is beating a dead horse I'm sure but, what is the best handling system? I have heard that modern high end bag systems are very capable in corners, but I'm also sure some are more capable than others...

Just curiosity I swear! But man that looks awesome... Hmmmm.

i bought ttocs air bags and brackets...then just pieced together my own air management. an air management system usually consists of an air tank, air compressor, air gauges, electric or manual valves, some sort of switches be it rocker style or paddle or really old school toggles lol. then some random fittings and air line. a water trap and pressure switch.

now that all sounds like a lot of shit i know...but once you've done so many air ride setups you learn how to run through the install like changing oil.

as far as pricing goes...you could just run universal air bags and mounting brackets/cups...then piece together an air management setup for as little as $1,000. i have a little under $2k in my setup which includes ttocs bags and brackets, top of the line air zenith ob2 compressors that were $700 for the pair alone. then the rest of everything i bought from napa lol. they carry all the fittings and line you'd ever need.

as far as handling...the air bag itself will just make the ride more comfortable at lower heights than any coilover or spring ever could. once you lower a car enough they almost always take corners better and you can get super low with bags...however you'd be better off running quality shocks and struts to really get a nice ride. i'm running strange 10 ways that make this car ride awesome while being nearly aired out.

bags vs a shockwave setup....shockwaves are just struts with a bag in the middle lol. they do move the weight distrubution outwards though which would help with handling as a coilover setup would. but i can't say they would handle much better imo. i'd never run shockwaves because the price isn't worth the benefits to me.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The shockwaves do make it easier to integrate into aftermarket control arms as well as gives adjustable controls for the shocks and struts, but as he said it comes at a pretty good price since ridetech doesn't skimp on their stuff starting off their shock bodies from fox shocks. I am not an expert by any means but I would have to say that with ridetechs expertise and experience that if they matched an adjustable shock/strut with a bag that it would probably operate better then a bag mounted with a random non-adjustable shock/strut probably purchased with budget being the deciding factor. Then take into account I have it matched to their strong arm control arms and I hope that everything they put together matches up and works at least a little better then a random assortment of parts manf names. But again it all depends on what the goals are and Tony is more of the show/shine kind of dude and I am planning on going to some track events which is why I upgraded. If you click on my sig you can go into the timeline area of the page and see the shockwave stuff to see the difference but I would hazard a guess that most anyone here would get the same giggles he and I get from the sound and motion it makes.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
yea i forgot to mention how the shockwaves allow for tubular control arms and such. i'd say the biggest benefit would be how they move the weight distribution from where your spring usually would sit in your control arms, to where your strut would be...moving it outwards would have to help with cornering. but with a good adjustable shock and strut paired with the typical bag you can get a great handling ride. mine corners like a soab with around 80 psi in front and 35 psi in the rear...but it sits pretty low with those psi's :p

Firefighter181

Reaction score
What a sleek, sharp looking car. I love the look of the side exit mufflers. Very simple and sharp looking, nice work!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online