Bassani exhaust opnion

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I really like it so far I just need to tone it down a little. If your car is a daily driver it would probably pay to get a stainless steel catback. If the car only sees nice weather then it really won't matter.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
tone it down? you running it without cats? lm building a custom 3in from x back using the borlas i got from Chris, gotta work next 2 weeks then buy the 3in dynomax flowpipes and then 3in flowmaster tailpipes for the foxbody and hack em up a bit to get them to work haha. im hoping theyll be pretty loud actually so im liking that you have to tone yours down!

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
mac is quality products. one of my older hot rod buddies swears by them. another kid i hang out with (2003 V6) has their LT headers and CAI and both leak in some way or another.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
tone it down? you running it without cats? lm building a custom 3in from x back using the borlas i got from Chris, gotta work next 2 weeks then buy the 3in dynomax flowpipes and then 3in flowmaster tailpipes for the foxbody and hack em up a bit to get them to work haha. im hoping theyll be pretty loud actually so im liking that you have to tone yours down!

Yeah i'm running an offroad Prochamber, it sounds amazing it's just a little louder than i want to deal with. I hope switching to a catted x-pipe will put me right where I want it. Was Chris selling the XR1s? I think those are supposed to be louder than the Stingers so I think you'll be satisfied.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Well the difference between my Bassani X with the cats on and the cats off is night and day! With them on, IMO it can stand to be louder. Then when you take them off, o my god it's wayyyy too loud lol. Then again I hav flowmasters on so that does alot for the loudness. But yeah I got the XR1's from him, and it makes me happy to hear they're louder! Can't wait to get all the pipe work so I can put those bad boys on lol

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well the difference between my Bassani X with the cats on and the cats off is night and day! With them on, IMO it can stand to be louder. Then when you take them off, o my god it's wayyyy too loud lol. Then again I hav flowmasters on so that does alot for the loudness. But yeah I got the XR1's from him, and it makes me happy to hear they're louder! Can't wait to get all the pipe work so I can put those bad boys on lol

Yeah the XR1s sound awesome. I remember switching my offroad pipe with the stock H pipe and it making an enormous difference back when I had flowmasters, but I assume the high flow cats won't make as much difference. Idk but I just need something to take a bit of the edge off. I've had my car 10 years and never once been pulled over and last week I got stopped for my exhaust being loud, could be coincidence or it could be they are just that loud lol.

OP
OP
Blakonblak94

Blakonblak94

Reaction score
How many folks run a bbk style x pipe and dislike it? I'm thinking that may be why I'm having so much trouble with enjoying the tone of the catbacks I had. Too raspy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online