Bassani mid length gaskets

NicksGTR

Reaction score
Putting mid lengths on and need gasket suggestions, Remflex, Stock, Bassani, etc.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Alot of guys like the multi layered steel(mls) type on steel header flanges and in my experience i will have to agree. If the header flanges are good and thick the soft gaskets work good but are better suited for cast manifold.

One thing for sure that i am strong about is stage8 header bolts. Dont skimp on locking header bolts or youll be doing the work twice.

Show some pics of your install. Its been awhile since ive seen some mid length installs

OP
OP
NicksGTR

NicksGTR

Reaction score
Alot of guys like the multi layered steel(mls) type on steel header flanges and in my experience i will have to agree. If the header flanges are good and thick the soft gaskets work good but are better suited for cast manifold.

One thing for sure that i am strong about is stage8 header bolts. Dont skimp on locking header bolts or youll be doing the work twice.

Show some pics of your install. Its been awhile since ive seen some mid length installs
I have used stage 8 in the past, but the ones I had were not stainless and rusted plus 1 or 2 tubes always didn't enough space to use. The last set of headers I installed I used ARP stainless studs with 12 point nuts. For MLS gaskets, OEM Ford would be a good choice?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would use what the manf recommends. I got JBA shorty's and had them nitroplated and by the time it came to put them on I misplaced the gaskets that came with them and just went and got a felpro set. Even with the stage 8 locking clips I had issues with leak on the pass side and a little while after that I came across the gaskets that came with them and they were not only thicker but also had a slightly bigger port opening.

95opal

Reaction score
No gasket, ultra copper instead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online