battery, nitrous, and sub location

lsmustangx

Reaction score
As Ive been very busy lately with work, and working on the car i came into an issue, I want all three of these things in my trunk.
(battery, nitrous, and sub) But my issue is if i have a 10in sub will the rattling be bad for the nitrous bottle when unarmed, and how close can they be together? Ill have no back seat and plan on making a custom box/ rear seat delete for the sub and have the nitrous in one corner, and the battery in the other. Ill have a fitted piece of sheet metal covering where the spare tire use to be. I plan on having the amp where the seat use to be under the box/seat delete where the foam was before for your ass to sit on.

ANY OPINIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
IMO. mount the sub in the back rest of the RSD then put the batters and bottle in the rear 2 corners so you still have access to the spare tire.
I have a MTX box with 10"sub in the rear r/h corner with the amp mounted to the back seat.

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
IMO. mount the sub in the back rest of the RSD then put the batters and bottle in the rear 2 corners so you still have access to the spare tire.
I have a MTX box with 10"sub in the rear r/h corner with the amp mounted to the back seat.

Im not going to have a spare due to this is a weekend racerace (i know race cars dont have subs and crap) but i want that so people under estimate the car.

OP
OP
lsmustangx

lsmustangx

Reaction score
if everything is mounted correctly it will not matter how close your sub is to your bottle

Thanks, i was reading somewhere that id i go with an automatic bottle opener i cant have it near the sub due to the vibration? does that make sense or was the guy playing with himself?

RichV

Reaction score
Im not going to have a spare due to this is a weekend racerace (i know race cars dont have subs and crap) but i want that so people under estimate the car.

That's interesting right there, first time I've heard of that one. SMH

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thanks, i was reading somewhere that id i go with an automatic bottle opener i cant have it near the sub due to the vibration? does that make sense or was the guy playing with himself?

Its not really recommended to put any electronics too close to your subs but with that being said how many times have you seen an amp mounted to the sub box? Again if everything is good equipment and mounted correctly it should not matter.

Caboose302

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a picture of the back of my sub box but I had the nitrous bottle on a shelf off the back of the sub box with 2 competition 12" subs and never had any issues.

*Edit*
eeed82366e9a8ecade66d2a72cec8cd1.jpg

9c8fb2b25b5ef950df29181fc9a031ab.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online