Battery relocation

FOUSH

Reaction score
I've searched and haven't seen anyone move a battery to this location. I test fitted the batteries they fit perfectly. Whatcha think?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you might want to put a positive lug somewhere that you can get to it in case you need to jump start it.

OP
OP
F

FOUSH

Reaction score
you might want to put a positive lug somewhere that you can get to it in case you need to jump start it.

Yeah I wanted to use a jumper block or something like that.

JKady

Reaction score
The reason you won't see em mounted like that is because most people move the battery to put the maximum amount of weight possible in the rear and they want em in a sealed box to be race legal. I like it, and I may move my little Deka to a similar location soon (thinking under the rear seat delete).

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
the only other thing I would recommend is make sure that they are mounted down super strong or they could hit you in the back if you rear end someone. I moved mine to the trunk and fabbed up a way to mount them down that was strong enough when I had my rear-ender they didn't budge an inch thankfully or that big 1800D could have taken me out. You have that big lug up front it could be as simple as making a mounting point for a strap behind it and bending a piece of flatstock metal to go up over the battery and then use a nut to hold the front down to that lug.

OP
OP
F

FOUSH

Reaction score
I purchased two mounting brackets, it covers the bottom of the battery and lip covers the top. Kind of hard to see but it secures the battery. I will be reinstalling the rear seat as well. Thanks for all the advise.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online