Battery relocation

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That's an ANL type fuse I take it? You might be able to switch to a MEGA fuse if the bolt-to-bolt spacing is the same. If so, those MEGAs can go up to some big numbers. That's if this one can't hack it.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
So I just got the wire placed and ran through following you all’s advice. I took my time because my engine is still at the machine shop.
Now I am asking for advice on what size amp battery to go with. Do I still need the same amperage as OE or should I go slightly higher amp battery? If there is a certain battery or brand let me know also thanks.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you will be loosing voltage with the longer wire run so you will not be able to go with a lower CCA rating than stock. As for brand/type that kind of depends on you. A lot of people still swear by optima and they are not a bad battery but for the price there is better. Deep cycle batteries are great for batteries that have to sit for long periods when not being ran but if it is for a DD you can save the money and go with a standard battery.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Yeah I won’t go lower amp rating for sure. Just wondering if the original amperage will work or if need to go higher.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
What's the displacement and compression ratio of the engine when it's done? I'm betting that if you just do a standard battery with at least 700 CCA you'll be fine, with probably a C-rating of somewhere around 50+.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you can afford it a little bigger battery will not be a bad thing. As mentioned if you are running a high compression ration you need more current.

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
This is how I’m doing the positive wire on the passenger’s side. I still need to clamp it up against the body.
IMG_0573.jpegIMG_0574.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
This is the negative on the driver’s side and where I landed the grounds. I landed the ground on the body right underneath the fuse box.
IMG_0571.jpegIMG_0572.jpeg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
my only concern with the power side on the pass side is that it will be right next to the exhaust. Be sure to mount it well

OP
OP
J_lope82

J_lope82

Reaction score
Yeah the idea is that I left some slack so that I can place it away from the exhaust. I’ll clamp it down once I get the engine in and get it connected to the starter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online