Battery selection...

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
do you have a battery charger that has a start function built in? If it does hook it up and see if just a couple of extra amps makes it turn faster. Like I said I have seen batteries test as good that were just on that point of going bad that it starts to have issues. If you don't have a charger like that just hook up some jumper cables and see if it does it still.
He got it fixed. Your quote was a few posts old, my friend.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Unrelated, but how is your shoulder doing post surgery?
You remember?? That’s so nice of you, thanks!! First week was hell. Mostly due to the inconvenience and annoyance of the bandage. It’s usually only on 3 days max, but for some reason I wasn’t scheduled to go back in till 5 1/2 days later. And, on top of that, the pharmacist took it upon herself to deny me one of the 3 meds my doctor prescribed. As a result, I got ZERO relief from the swelling and itching. Drove me nuts! Averaged about 2 hours sleep per night. But since then (3 days ago now sine bandage off) it’s been a 180 degree turn around in improvement. I feel very little pain unless of course I mistakenly move my arm/shoulder in a direction it’s not ready to go in. But pretty much off pain meds (which I use sparingly anyway) now; physical therapy twice a week; moving around like pre-surgery. Can use the right to grip and carry; just can’t “reach” for anything much just yet. Getting there though!

Thank you so much again for remembering and following up. Did not expect that at all but certainly am grateful as it does the heart good. Good medicine, thanks!

Tillerman77

Reaction score
You remember?? That’s so nice of you, thanks!! First week was hell. Mostly due to the inconvenience and annoyance of the bandage. It’s usually only on 3 days max, but for some reason I wasn’t scheduled to go back in till 5 1/2 days later. And, on top of that, the pharmacist took it upon herself to deny me one of the 3 meds my doctor prescribed. As a result, I got ZERO relief from the swelling and itching. Drove me nuts! Averaged about 2 hours sleep per night. But since then (3 days ago now sine bandage off) it’s been a 180 degree turn around in improvement. I feel very little pain unless of course I mistakenly move my arm/shoulder in a direction it’s not ready to go in. But pretty much off pain meds (which I use sparingly anyway) now; physical therapy twice a week; moving around like pre-surgery. Can use the right to grip and carry; just can’t “reach” for anything much just yet. Getting there though!

Thank you so much again for remembering and following up. Did not expect that at all but certainly am grateful as it does the heart good. Good medicine, thanks!
I do and you're welcome. The PT is an important step, so good luck with your continued recovery!

I have been accused of generally poor social skills while I was working, but I always seemed to notice and remember to talk with other employees who were hurting (due to accidents, illness, surgeries, loss of a family member, etc...). Perhaps I am sensitized due to having my share of loss and medical issues over the years. I have been retired for a few years now, so I get criticized less about the social skills.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Did a 3-month project in the Twin Cities years ago. Stayed in Golden Valley. Damn near bought a house on Eden Prairie

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
I should just move my battery to the trunk, but I've got too darn many projects on my plate already and that's not exactly a small one. The best battery I ever bought was a Die Hard Platinum AGM from Sears I put in my wife's Subaru. I replaced it after 11 years, probably before it needed it...

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I should just move my battery to the trunk, but I've got too darn many projects on my plate already and that's not exactly a small one. The best battery I ever bought was a Die Hard Platinum AGM from Sears I put in my wife's Subaru. I replaced it after 11 years, probably before it needed it...
Yep. I ran the old Sears Die Hard Gold with no worries; lasted forever!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdude138

Members online

No members online now.