BBK Grip caster/camber plate problems

Five

Reaction score
So I installed my CC plates and aligned the car. After about 150 miles of driving, they have loosened and slammed back and forth on the camber adjustment. I personally don't see how they could possibly be tightened enough to withstand the force on the two Allen head bolts that are supposed to hold them. Has anyone else had this problem?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I haven’t had those plates but that design looks terrible. I’m with you, I don’t see how that could possibly hold.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Horrible design
I did know one that guy that tried them
And we have really bad roads hear
First drive it slammed it back
Like you described

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You can’t beat the MM plates. I’ve heard UPR has a set of 4 bolt plates, but I don’t know anyone running them.

badass98svt

Reaction score
For a $30 difference or so, dont bother with UPR etc. The MM are tried and true. Have been for years. I've had them on my last 3 Mustangs.

Jakespeeds

Reaction score
I have had the BBK units on my car for 6 years at least. The car for 5 years was almost only used for autocross days. Never had an issue with them. They have never loosened. My only complaint was the black oxide on the bolts was not the highest quality. I know this does not help you out at all. But I am very happy with them and never had an issue.

Jake

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online