best blower for a 4v?

SVTgoose

Reaction score
Looking into supercharging my 1997 cobra. I am leaning towards the vortech v-3. Before i commit to doing all this i wanna be sure to get the best supercharger for my car. Have around 5k to spend but also looking to get it installed. So i'm really looking for the best supercharger for the money, the vortech v-3 kit for my car costs 3900 for the full kit. Any feedback about this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Cobracarlo

Reaction score
it depends on what u wanna do for with your car....I bought a V1 Sc trim vortech for mine a few years ago and after everything i spent about $3000. If you look you can find some good deals. mine is for sale but there are also ALOT of other good deals out there. Unfortunately KB is the only maker of a PD blower for the 96-98 and it isnt intercooler and has no bypass. Id say a Vortech S-trim is prob an all around good blower for the street. Gives ya a little room to breath before u would want to upgrade.

Cobracarlo

Reaction score
there are a few ppl that have it. Yeah it makes up for low end power but ur gonna make between 350-400 rwhp if u want more thats not gonna happen with the KB. If u do the vortech with 3.73's or 4.10's then you would be ok.

schacher94gt

Reaction score
i like my v1 with 4.10s. Doesnt take long to get into the powerband and pulls hard all the way to the top of the Rs

OP
OP
S

SVTgoose

Reaction score
i have 3:73s now, people around here tell me to go with a KB and im hearing ill be making better numbers with the vortech. Leaning towards the vortech right now.

Mystic SVT

Reaction score
KB for our 96-98 cobras are non-intercooled. You will make good low end torque and your horsepower will be good but you will have to run Methanol injection if you want to run higher boost to keep the intake air temperatures down. Last thing you want is detonation. I'd go with the vortech instead of the KB.

NCMystic

Reaction score
put c heads and a forged bottom end and you can run a ported eaton or any termi whipple or kenne bell you want. if you decide to go that route i have a good bit of info compiled on how to do it the "right" way

Knuckles@Empire

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
i guess what i didnt see asked or maybe im blind is what will you be doing with the car, so you go to the track at all be it a handling course or a dragstrip. Or do you just do the stoplight drags.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I will be buying a kenne belle next spring! :la:

I lied.... hopefully buying one later today :la: hope the deal goes through...

OP
OP
S

SVTgoose

Reaction score
knuckles4696 said:
i guess what i didnt see asked or maybe im blind is what will you be doing with the car, so you go to the track at all be it a handling course or a dragstrip. Or do you just do the stoplight drags.
I'm just looking to add significant power to the cobra. Not buying the blower strictly for street racing or track use, although i am planning to go to the strip occasionally.

Venomous96Cobra

Reaction score
I am going to be running a kenne bell with methanol injection! almost done with my install minus a few problems I ran in to! but the methanol injection is cool! I thought it required some fancy equipment! and some expensive chemicals! here is the cool part the windshield washer bottle gets modified/tapped for the meth injection kit and winter blend windshield washer fluid is what you use! so it becomes dual purpose, it cleans the windshield and helps bring the intake temps down so I can run higher boost :la:

encasedmetal

Reaction score
for what it's worth I used to have the KB 2.1L and made 440rwhp on 9 psi with meth

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinastang78

Members online

No members online now.