Best products to bring back faded interior? Or interior trim refinish spray?

fixthedoor

Reaction score
My interior is all black. It is actually in good shape, but it is obviously not what it used to be. I do not want to use a product that will just leave a greasy shine. I am looking for something that will clean & rejuvinate an old interior as well as leave it with a rich finish, without the blinding, greasy look characteristic.

I have seen these interior trim refinishing sprays in Summit and Eastwood catalogs, and want to know how effective they are. The only pieces that need it are the trim pieces on the rear deck. I am not opposed to refinishing the rest of the interior to return it to it's former glory, but would prefer not to at this time.

What do you guys suggesst?

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
a friend of mine just cleaned the interior of his 92 hatch, it looks brand new, and all he did was take some dish soap and water, and
use a toothbrush just to get in there. i did this with my 95's tan interior, and it looks awesome. i would recommend that, unless someone
else on here has something that works better, then i'm sure they will chime in. O0

Juztang

Reaction score
My Silk Shine dressing will restore your interior and bring it back to life. The Silk Shine also dries to the touch and leaves a factory matte finish. Check it out on my website at www.obsessivedetail.com

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
2slo95fiveoh said:
a friend of mine just cleaned the interior of his 92 hatch, it looks brand new, and all he did was take some dish soap and water, and
use a toothbrush just to get in there. i did this with my 95's tan interior, and it looks awesome. i would recommend that, unless someone
else on here has something that works better, then i'm sure they will chime in. O0

I'd be hesitant using dish soap on vinyl as it seems that it would dry everything out.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i use a wipe from meguiars on my leather, It leaves it kind of greasy and wet , but i can't deny that it does what it says, it doesn't make ur seat slippery like some others I've tried, but IMO it makes my seats feel a little "fuller" (im not sure how to explain it)

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Adams Polishes VRT makes interior look amazng....plus it smells GREAT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
any of you guys ever clean your cloth interior? what works good? not that mine is nesscarly dirty ive never cleaned it, I used to on my 91LX seemed easier on those seats though. (these are softer and seem like they'd suck in lots of moisture)

Goldmember

Reaction score
^^Good call, I need something for my seats that doesn't involve paying too much to get them shampooed! I might try my Prestone carpet cleaner on them...

For my interior I generally have great luck with Turtle Wax Formula 2001 (now 2K1 I think), it leaves a low to medium gloss and is not very greasy at all. Brings it right back!

I tried Meguiars' Quik Detailer b/c it was made out to be the be-all end-all of interior cleaners but it sucks.

cntchds

Reaction score
So the consensus seems to be all over the place. What would you guys suggest as a cheap interim cleaner? My car has been sitting for a long, long time, and I just want to do a little cleaning, especially now that I found a few spider webs!

Goldmember

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
SRT Handz said:
Blue Corral O0

for what?

On the interior I use that areospace 101 or what ever its called lol, not greasy and protectes it against uv.

It's Aerospace 303- I switched to this stuff myself- well worth the money and it can be used on more than just your interior!

AaRoN

King Post Whore
Reaction score
Goldmember said:
Matt94GT said:
SRT Handz said:
Blue Corral O0

for what?

On the interior I use that areospace 101 or what ever its called lol, not greasy and protectes it against uv.

It's Aerospace 303- I switched to this stuff myself- well worth the money and it can be used on more than just your interior!

Where'd you get that stuff from?

Goldmember

Reaction score
www.showtimeautocare.com

I ran into these guys at the Englishtown swap meet last Fall. This stuff is great. Also bought the P21S at their booth. I can't vouch for their online sales since I bought it off of them in person.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online