best short throw

sn97gtnyg

Reaction score
ok so i have no idea what short throw is in my car but its really hard to get intgear and its not smooth at all. What short throw should i lean towrads and can short throws plus exhaust and cai reslut in too much torque for a stock clutch because ive broken 2 in the past week hah thanks!!! maybe its time to upgrade my clutch?

brwillms

Reaction score
I've got the Steeda Triax with MGW handle. It's a great combo. Lot's of guys run the complete MGW shifter. They don't make one for my transmission (Tremec 3550 TKO). Check the for sale ads on ebay, here, and the corral. You'll find lot's of good bargains.

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Pro 5.0 is what I run and I can slam gears all day long in it! But a steed Tri-ax or MGW will work great as well! And how are the clutches broken?

Willis_98GT

Reaction score
ya i just installed a mgw in my car not even a week ago. its really stiff but shoft. god that didn't sound gay or anything :puke:

Reaction score
Steeda Tri-Ax.... good firm short shifts and the positive stops are a nice feature if you really wanna wail on it.

The only complaint I have is the lack of sound insulation that was present in the stock set up. I assume that most/all aftermarket sport/short shifters suffer from this though as it is somewhat necessary in removing the play in shifter. Forutnately, with the windows down and the roar of my exhaust it's barely noticeable.

gt96stang

Reaction score
Olstangguy said:
MGW has my vote, I love it.

another vote for MGW... It is by far the best shifter out there.. I've had 2 cobra buddies of mine switch over from tri-ax and tri-ax w/mgw handle to the new orange handle mgw...

brwillms

Reaction score
Let me get this straight. You've broken 2 clutches in the last week. What are you putting in the car? Is it the right part? Who's doing the install? Please explain. I put a King Cobra clutch in my car about 50K miles ago and have never had a problem with it.

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
MustangMatt96GT said:
With my Pro 5.0 I didnt notice any change in noises!

i hate my pro 5.0, it makes so much noise when slamming gears i cant hardly hear my exhaust. MGW or dont waste the money, ive tried the triax and the MGW and MGW takes the win by far.

young~gun~98

Reaction score
I dont know why but i never hear of anyone running a Hurst shifter. thats what i have and i love it (it looks nice) but if you want a solid short throw shifter mgw is the way to go, dad has one

Pennywise2

Reaction score
I have had Steeda Tri Ax shifters on both my mustangs.
I love the feel of the Steeda Tri Ax because the shifts are
firm and very positive.I never missed a shift either!

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I have tried EVERY shifter in 1 car or another.... here are my opinion

MGW - REALLY short but REALLY stiff. IMO, the gears are WAY too close together and it makes it hard to get around the box.

Pro 5.0 - This is what i currently have in my car and i Love it. The shifts are tight and not too close together like the MGW. I never miss third and the feel is great.

Steeda Tri-Ax - Doesnt like third, but the shift is short enough.... just hates third

B&M Ripper - Like the pro-5.0, But the shifts are not short enough

Hurst - Similar to the B&M, not short enough

Ebay Shifter - Stupid & Gay

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online