Big guy seat question

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
Who all, if any, is running any of the non adjustable corbeau seats? Ive sat in a set in an 03 cobra, and didnt think anything of it. Im wondering if they sit any lower. Im a big guy (6'3) and ive got a longer upper body somyhead skims the top a little bit. I was wondering if i switched to the corbeaus i liked if it would sit any lower. TIA

-Ausin

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is an interesting question I figured you were a fatty trying to wedge yourself in a seat too small. I have the corbeau GT2 seats myself and I am willing to bet that they are a little lower. The bottom of the seat is not all that thick and willing to bet it buys you an inch or two. When I get out of the hospital I can compare them to my parts car(95 gt) with stock seats and measure to the roof if you want.

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
that is an interesting question I figured you were a fatty trying to wedge yourself in a seat too small. I have the corbeau GT2 seats myself and I am willing to bet that they are a little lower. The bottom of the seat is not all that thick and willing to bet it buys you an inch or two. When I get out of the hospital I can compare them to my parts car(95 gt) with stock seats and measure to the roof if you want.

lol, im not too big of a fatty. Im just a taller torso guy. if you can measure thatd be great.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
now the GT2 is more of a regular seat then a race seat and the 95 gt seats are not the same as the cobra seats but I think it will help you a little. Don't forget that the stock seat has space for the motors that move it so if you needed to you could probably modify the brackets to allow you too gain a couple of inches.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My corbeau's aren't fixed back but they are definitely lower than my stock leather seats. I don't have any measurements though. And fwiw, I'm about 6'1".

OP
OP

97RioRedV6

Reaction score
I was thinking more along the lines of the fx1's. thats the model i was most comfortable with. judging by the dimensions of the fx1 wide, i dont think im WIDE enough for that. lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am a skinny shit. I use to have another 35 lbs of muscle before I got sick. The GT2's they are tight on me as far s the bolsters/waist area. I have been waiting to get one of my fat friends in it too see what they say but it has not happened. NO FATTIES IN MY CAR!

95opal

Reaction score
If you use the Corbeau seat tracks you will sit lower if you use the stock seat tracks I believe you will sit higher. I am 6'2" and used the Corbeau tracks and its perfect. Ill be swapping my new Saleen Recaros onto the Corbeau tracks and hopefully the hight wont change.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online