Blew Her Up

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yep. She blew up. Ran consistant 14.2s @ 98 MPH. It ran great with no tune, and had a 14.0 in her if i had gotten a 1.7 60'. No problems at all. I won the first round. Second round, I launched like a bat out of hell, and it fell flat on its face. Still turned a 15.3. But I had no oil pressure picking up the slip. And it was knocking. It sounds like bottom end. Couldnt hear the knocking while going down the track, as I was racing a louder car. Will know more tommorow.

Will start the forged bottom end and what not as soon as possible. We will see when i have the funds for that. I hope within the next few months. I will be working full time during the summer, so.... its possible.

The way she came home....

DSC04746.jpg

DSC04753.jpg

Videos will be up tommorow. I have to go to bed for the SAT tommorow morning.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
sucks to hear Matt. Best of luck getting her back together bro. Here's a beer for ya. :happydrunks:

BTW you have any idea on what your numbers would be around sea level?

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your unfortunate event Matt.
Think of it as a reason to upgrade to a stout PI engine! :thumb:
It's not a good idea to race your vehicle if you can't afford to replace broken or failed parts.
How much down time are you looking at? Do you have another source of transportation?
I hope to see you get your mustang on the road soon Matt!

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
Sucks. I've blowed my shit up before, so I know how you feel.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it bro.

What's the game plan now?

cmher18

Reaction score
Ya i know how u feel Luckly i already had a forged motor ready. I ran 14psi on my stk motor for about 25 passes. Last pass of the year last year i put 2 rod through the oil pan.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
well i can basically guarentee it wasnt the tune on the car.... Wasnt smoking, running great, just had a little bit of an idle problem. It Was Not the tune. I wouldnt have run the car if it wasnt running correctly untuned.

And im still running the same oil i did when i first started it up. Even with only 30 miles on it... that is probably my problem. Live and learn, but I have no regrets. 14.21 is a hell of a number...

I sure as hell wasnt going to run the nitrous through it without a tune though.

I should have changed the Oil, i had to drill through that oil tensioner plug and the vaccum didnt suck all the metal up i bet. Should have changed the oil i guess.... But i figured 30 miles is nothing... Live and learn...

Critsize me all you want. But the car was running fine, and if I knew it was inevitable that it was going to go sometime this summer.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Oh and yea i have other transportation. I just fired it up last Saturday and it had 14 passes on it by the time it went last night.

And plans are as of now, Teksid Block, Manley H beams, Flat tops, and a cobra crank, and a MMR oil pump( havent decided on the pump yet). It was sitting in the garage for over two months waiting to get it running again. I had some problems with the heads..... So this is no big deal to me.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
it's a bummer, I'm not criticizing anything.

on the other hand: Upgrades :)

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
id be crying man, but like u said, live and learn, next time take your time during the breakin period for all the new components... u ever get it converted to sealevel? id say it was a 12.50 car

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
no spray, HES at 6000ft... ported pis, comp 270s, hookers and 4.10s... shuld manage a mid 12 with tuning relativly easily....

matt Wat was your 60ft on those passes?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
That sucks if just those little shavings trashed your motor. I give you some serious credit if you are laying the money down for all your stuff. Being in high school myself I know how hard it is to mod our cars.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Red said:
That sucks if just those little shavings trashed your motor. I give you some serious credit if you are laying the money down for all your stuff. Being in high school myself I know how hard it is to mod our cars.

Parents dont pay a dime for the car, I pay for it all and I take pride in it.....

But 1.8 60' nes. Stock suspension but springs.... Eibach Drag Springs out back and Prolines up front.

We will see if its gone or not. Cant tell yet. Fired it up 5 times since and it has no noise, but oil pressure still isnt reading. But without oil pressure couldnt it have siezed up by now? ill be looking at it more tommorow. Im just burned out from work tonight.

Although if its blown up, no big deal. It was going to go eventually on a 100 shot. 125K bottom end. Its Racing for ya. I know the risks and knew them before hand. Its just my passion and it wont stop me from racing. Ill race the truck....