Boggles my mind

MrPs97

Reaction score
My 97 GT blew the heater hose on the intake . I reattached it and refilled with antifreeze and water . Now when I start it , it idles fine for about 2 minutes then start making a ticking noise from the exhaust and misses really bad . It keeps going back and forth from running fine the ticking and missing . Any ideas ? Never had any problems until this happened . It has a 2003 Mustang GT engine .

OP
OP
M

MrPs97

Reaction score
I recorded a video on my phone of the sound , dont know how to attach it to this thread .

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Coolant has gotten in the sparkplug holes. Your going to need a clean out of the sparkplug holes and possibly new wires.....maybe plugs too. Drying the wires out does no good cause the coolant has coated them. Maybe a wash down with carb cleaner?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Coolant has gotten in the sparkplug holes. Your going to need a clean out of the sparkplug holes and possibly new wires.....maybe plugs too. Drying the wires out does no good cause the coolant has coated them. Maybe a wash down with carb cleaner?

Same thing happened to me ^ this fixed it. I had to change my spark plugs but wires were ok. I used an old t shirt to soak it up from the spark plug tubes

JKady

Reaction score
The coolant shouldn't hurt anything with such short exposure. Just hose em down with water and blow the coolant out of the plug wells.

OP
OP
M

MrPs97

Reaction score
Well changing the plugs and wires didn't work . Still chugging intermittently . I am at a loss . I guess it will be up for sale soon . Thankfully I have the 95 so I can put most of the performance stuff on it . Cant afford to fix it right now because we are moving out of state .

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Well changing the plugs and wires didn't work . Still chugging intermittently . I am at a loss . I guess it will be up for sale soon . Thankfully I have the 95 so I can put most of the performance stuff on it . Cant afford to fix it right now because we are moving out of state .

So youre going to pawn your problem off in someone else? It is probably a really easy fix.

OP
OP
M

MrPs97

Reaction score
Its not pawning my problem off , its cutting my losses . I have put two grand into it the last 4 months , time to get out from under it . Make someone a good parts car . Black with black leather interior . 2003 PI engine .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online