Brake hissing/buzzing..?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MAXX RS4, Jun 24, 2006.

1. MAXX RS4

MAXX RS4 Member

Ever since I replaced my rear calipers and added teh drilled/slotted rotors I've had this weird hissing/buzzing noise coming from the rear when Im on the brakes. It kind of sounds like a grasshopper in the summer, or even similar to a rattle snake.

I thought it might be since the slots were "leading" against the forward direction, but I flipped them and they still do it.

Fluid levels are good and everything is true and balanced. The abs rings arnt rubbing either.

It's not very loud but I can hear it when doing 35-0 on the brakes when I'm near a guardrail or wall or something with my windows down..

Anyone know what it could be? It's definately coming from the rear - both sides..

:dunno:

2. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

Yup I have the same noise in the rear, I have slotted and drilled in the front and they dont do it. Its must just be certian designs make that noise. Sounds like a card in a bycicles spokes to me lol. I wouldnt worry about it.

3. MAXX RS4

MAXX RS4 Member

Very good analagy. I'm not concerned functionality wise.. I just like a healthy sounding car..

4. Matt94GT

Matt94GT Legend SN95 Supporter Retired Staff

What kinda rotors are they? I think its normal to be honest.