broken odometer ??

xs man 27

Reaction score
hey guys my car is a 95 gt and when i bought my car it had a cobra gauge swap that i was unaware of bc of the indiglo gauges that were laying on top of the stock white face cobra gauges so the fuel gauge never worked so i bought another cluster off of CL with also gauges on them and ended up being cobra gauge cluster as well,, however all the gauges worked on this cluster except for the both odometers now never worked.. so i pulled the cluster and did the replaced the odometer gear and work gear and that still didn't work ,,, i m not sure if i did something wrong in the installation or if maybe the motor or anything else is broken and needs to be fixed.. any other ideas or a way i can tell whats wrong with it ? thanks

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you sure the cluster is for a 94/95. 96-98 look the same but the pins are different.

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
was told it was from a 94 or 95 cobra.. when i removed it i did see something about a date i believe...what is that the right way to see what year n model the cluster is from ?

toyman

Reaction score
was told it was from a 94 or 95 cobra.. when i removed it i did see something about a date i believe...what is that the right way to see what year n model the cluster is from ?

There should be a sticker like this one.

GT%20Cluster%20Sticker.JPG

OP
OP
X

xs man 27

Reaction score
yes thank you that is the sticker that was on the back of mine.. what else can be the prob if i changed out the odometer gear n worm gear and still not working ?? does the motor that the worm gear slips on to unplug from the harnesss i see it attached to or no ? thanks for help

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online