Bucket Seats similar to 03/04 Mach 1 seats?

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Google isn't always right.

I'm telling you.... the 99 cobra did NOT come with any kind of specialized seats. I would know... I own two of them.
Yeah, That's fine deeplist. However if you can't point out the origin of the different styled cobra designed seats that still leaves me curious as to what kind of seats they are. I was merely referencing what I had found and what I was referring to and still deeming them the same thing since no one has a clearer diagnosis to what they really are.
So do you have one? Because until you do, I'm just going to keep calling them 99/01 cobra seats.
I think that was pretty logical and clear, yo.

If they're just another design scheme offered during the 03/04 cobra year then say that, repeating yourself doesn't do anyone any good when you were understood the first time.

Do you understand what I'm asking here?
Finally, I'm really only still referring to them as 99/01 cobra seats as an identifier, just like you can label a box of crackers as Cheese-Its for the hell of it, I can do that with seats. Am I saying that they are cheese-its? No. They're still clearly crackers.

I will confirm '99 SVT seats are same as GT seats. I had a set I took in trade awhile back.
'01 SVT seats weren't as bolstered as the '03/'04 Cobras - they are more in line with the Mach 1 and Bullitt.

TMI makes some nice aftermarket foam/leather recovers to convert stock seats and bring them back to life after years of abuse. Check them out. I've seen/heard good things.

Also look at the three versions of Roush seats starting in '01 (if you can find them - they pop up from time to time). The original '01-'02 Stage 2/3 seats are far more bolstered at the kidney/hip than the '03/'04 Cobra. Not air adjustable, though. The '03/'04 options were more similar to the '03/'04 Cobra. The '04 style showed up on the 440A 1st, and had kidney and shoulder bolstering.

These were 2001-2002:

826large+2001_ford_mustang+seats_view.jpg

2003 and some 2004 got this style (picture is of the Coddington Edition, but the Stage 3 got the same seat with ROUSH instead of Boyd's signature):

F5388D49-0FBF-4B9B-96E9-66EFBB603C10_25.jpg

These were late 2004 options. (Pic happens to be the 440A option, standard just said ROUSH):

2004roush440a_9.jpg

Those 440A seats are damn sexy....still, sounds like an arm and a leg. Right now there's some Cobra R 2000 seats on fleabay and they're listed in the 4000 dollar range. I don't imagine these are quite as much but defiantly in the thousands if they were to ever show.

And as far as confirming that they're just GT seats, read above my reply to deeplist. I'm curious as to what the seats I posted a picture of are.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So do you have one? Because until you do, I'm just going to keep calling them 99/01 cobra seats.

:handz:

For the third time... the 99 cobra did NOT come with any specialty seats. Continuing to call them 99/01 cobra seats is wrong. The 99 came with the same leather seats as the GT for that year. It's not up for debate. I own two 99 cobras and I know this for a fact. Of course we all know what the 03/04 seats look like. The 01 cobras came with these seats:

seats.jpg

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score

For the third time... the 99 cobra did NOT come with any specialty seats. Continuing to call them 99/01 cobra seats is wrong. The 99 came with the same leather seats as the GT for that year. It's not up for debate. I own two 99 cobras and I know this for a fact. Of course we all know what the 03/04 seats look like. The 01 cobras came with these seats:

seats.jpg

Thank god, finally a ****ing specific answer, they're 01 seats! That's all you had to say.

But picking and choosing which parts of my conversation to acknowledge is very short sighted, thanks for finally providing an applicable answer.

So now that you've properly labeled what they are, we can go on with our day.

I'm laughing too sinned ;D

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
:snoopfacepalm:

You were under the impression that they were 99/01 seats, which was wrong. So, I told you that the 99 didn't come with specialty seats.... I figured that would imply that they were available only in the 01 cobra... I guess not.

At any rate, they're actually harder to find than the 03/04 cobra seats.... not because they're nicer, better, or any more desirable (because they aren't) there just isn't as many available in the 2nd hand market because they were only available for one model year. The terminator seats still trump them in comfort and overall desirability.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but every Mach I've ever driven never felt the same as the 01 Cobra or Bullitt seats. The bolstering never seemed to be as tight.

Maybe they were all worn..

With that being said I disagree that the Mach seats are anywhere close to the 03/04 seats either.

This could all just be my experience and opinion but it's all I got.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That face at the beginning, did that smiley = you storming across your abandoned factory with your camera to take a pic to put it to a rest once and fer all?

seats.jpg

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That face at the beginning, did that smiley = you storming across your abandoned factory with your camera to take a pic to put it to a rest once and fer all?

But.... if I'm there, doesn't that mean that it's not abandoned anymore?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
lol but is the factory is still producing, factory stuff?

Ok ya got me but Saying you stomped off across your abandoned factory sounds cooler then leaving it out and assuming its full of people and a friendly place. Leaves it open for laerred95 to wonder how many bodies are already buried there and might make him thing twice about continuing to poke the crazy abandoned factory owner.... I was just trying to make it easy on you. It also gives you more street cred too then to say you were stuck there doing taxes all day I mean HOOKERS DON'T EVEN DO ACCOUNTANTS....

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, yeah... in that case. Yes, it's still abandoned and creepy. Yes, I'm a crazy abandoned factory owner with guns and hookers locked up one floor below.

But it's semi legit! See! I even set up my desk so I have a place to abandon-factory-type work from. The graffiti covered walls will remain in place to add to the dilapidated-grungy-dirty-old-factory-effect.

IMG_20140414_012954099[1].jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Draw a line through the tag/name and write yours next to it and on the streets it means your gonna off nick = 2 more street cred points. Spooky abandoned factory full of dead hookers or not, our forums resident IT expert still needs all the street cred he can get. Well honestly though any man over 30 really needs all he can get start pushing 40 and you look for ways to buy it.....

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone is aware of any bucket styled seats that look similar to the mach 1 seats but actually more capable of cradling my body at high speeds and corners and what not.

That or if you own or have sat in and experienced mach 1 seats, what opinion did you get from them? Did you feel secure, did your body turn much or did you face forward while in the seat on hard corners and what not?
Thanks

Well to lay this out plain and simple - How tall and how wide are you? Not kidding, I'll explain.

the 03-04 Mach 1 seat is by far the most form fitting seat ..... for me. But I'm 5'10" 195lbs with a 34" waist.
And that seat absolutely holds me directly at my waist, with very little room to slide.
Now I have a bigger friend, roughly 220-230lbs or so - and the 03-04 Cobra seats fit him better, as the bolsters are a bit wider at the waist.
I would not suggest the 01 cobra/bullitt (they share the same foams) as these seats have the least amount of bolster in them out of the four mentioned.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Waylon

gate keeper

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score

seats.jpg

And I'll jump in here real quick DL is almost correct :) The 99 ABSOLUTELY only came with the 99 GT stock seats - that part is correct. But the story doesn't stop there w/ the '01 seats.

About a 100 of these 2002 Cobra bad boys were made and shipped directly to Australia ...
1_2002-mustang-cobra-front.jpg

and inside? You got it, the 2001 Cobra Style seats:
02cobra02D.JPG

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Well, yeah... in that case. Yes, it's still abandoned and creepy. Yes, I'm a crazy abandoned factory owner with guns and hookers locked up one floor below.

But it's semi legit! See! I even set up my desk so I have a place to abandon-factory-type work from. The graffiti covered walls will remain in place to add to the dilapidated-grungy-dirty-old-factory-effect.

IMG_20140414_012954099[1].jpg
If I had an abandoned factory full of hookers and fast cars I'd be batman.
Well to lay this out plain and simple - How tall and how wide are you? Not kidding, I'll explain.

the 03-04 Mach 1 seat is by far the most form fitting seat ..... for me. But I'm 5'10" 195lbs with a 34" waist.
And that seat absolutely holds me directly at my waist, with very little room to slide.
Now I have a bigger friend, roughly 220-230lbs or so - and the 03-04 Cobra seats fit him better, as the bolsters are a bit wider at the waist.
I would not suggest the 01 cobra/bullitt (they share the same foams) as these seats have the least amount of bolster in them out of the four mentioned.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks
Waylon
well my good sir, I am of the height consisting near 5'11'' at 147lbs with a waste of 32.
Let me know, home dog. :p

Didnt TMI Products make a conversion kit for sn95's to go to mach/cobra seats?? If so you may wanna check them out..

http://www.sn95forums.com/showthrea...elease-THREE-versions-of-the-03-04-Cobra-seat
I actually have, I was highly considering going with the TMI vinyl since it's a bit more cost effective and more quality over a used set of 1400 mach 1 seats.
Same style, just as good. and from what I hear the vinyl is so similar to leather but more efficient and requires less care, all the luxury without sacrificing.
:snoopfacepalm:

You were under the impression that they were 99/01 seats, which was wrong. So, I told you that the 99 didn't come with specialty seats.... I figured that would imply that they were available only in the 01 cobra... I guess not.

At any rate, they're actually harder to find than the 03/04 cobra seats.... not because they're nicer, better, or any more desirable (because they aren't) there just isn't as many available in the 2nd hand market because they were only available for one model year. The terminator seats still trump them in comfort and overall desirability.
Defiantly didn't for me snoopy.
But thanks for the clarification

based off what the TMI rep has to say it sounds less appealing, and in addition their rarity is even more so of a reason for me not to seek them out. Though I bet the 03/04 cobra seats paired with the rear seat from the 01 cobra would look real nice.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Did they discontinue the adjustable bolster on the GT/cobra seats after around '97? I thought I heard that in which case you might want to try to find a set of those, should not be hard as with the bottom being adjustable I always thought they held me in ok. I always like my stock 94 gt seat and was going to recover it prior to finding the deal on the corbeaus I did.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've had factory seats in my 95 GT, 01 Cobra seats, and a set of Corbeau Forzas.

The 95 stock seats were by far the most comfortable seats out of the 3. Couldn't hold me in worth shit, but they were comfy enough that I ended up putting them in my 88 coupe I had a few months back.

The 01 Cobra seats def held me in better than the 95's but they weren't quite as comfortable and really, the bolstering was only marginally better and that became really apparent once I started autocrossing the car. But dear lord they were the sexiest seats I've had and I'd gladly pick up another set any day of the week.

The Corbeau Forzas are surprisingly comfortable for a fixed back seat, and your butt is kept planted at all times. Can't really stretch out in them but I've made plenty of long hauls in them and actually daily drove the car for a few months with these seats and besides the cloth fading, I don't really have any issues with them. One of them are going into my 67 right now.

I don't think any of the factory seats are going to hold you in in any comparable way to your old Sparco's. Your best bet would be to find a set of aftermarket seats with good bolstering that has the shape you want, and have them recovered to match whatever style you want. Might be a little spendy but I think that's going to be the only way to get the style and performance that you want.

OP
OP
L

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
So, I sucked it up and just got what I originally wanted. I found these on CL for 400 dollars, well the guy was asking 500, but took 400 which was great.
I plan to buy vinyl replacements for the two front seats from TMI since they're pretty worn and painted on on the headrests. I might replace the cushions in the driver seat, it seems a tiny bit worn, but god these seats are plenty comfy.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Good god someone did a number on those front seats. So are the factory mach 1 seats leather or vinyl?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online