Build the auto or 5 speed swap?

RichV

Reaction score
Found this come across Facebook the other day. I'm still waiting to call these people and see what they have to say about it. $1350 plus shipping for a complete swap! From the transmission and driveshaft, pedals, computer, harness, all the bolts and nuts and other hardware. Sound like a good deal to any of you? Or has anyone ever had any dealings with East Coast Mustangs?

Sent from 2 car lengths ahead of Matt's 2V!

I had a buddy do one of these deals, may have been the same place. He had an issue, put the tranny in and it had a massive leak. He ended up sending back the tranny and they replaced it and paid for shipping, but it was a PITA. But I guess you can't really check for anything when getting used.

OP
OP
ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
ElrodKTPQ_89 did you ever decide which way you are going with it?
Yes, yes I did :evil:

It's a preference. Personally I would not drive a automatic Mustang.....There are definitely better options out there, but you can only do what you can afford.
if I had the option when I bought my car I wouldn't be driving an auto either. Exactly as you put it though, it's all in what a man wants, because that's what he's gonna spend his money on.

I had a buddy do one of these deals, may have been the same place. He had an issue, put the tranny in and it had a massive leak. He ended up sending back the tranny and they replaced it and paid for shipping, but it was a PITA. But I guess you can't really check for anything when getting used.
I talked to one of the guys there for a pretty good bit today, they seem like a good company that really stands by their products and know what they're doing as well. He said they don't offer a warranty on their transmissions but instead guarantee it. As in they don't buy cars that can't be driven either out on the street or up on a lift so they can verify that everything is not only functional but in good working order. I'm going to be calling them back shortly to discuss the price and what all I'm going to be buying as well, since he mentioned that they are a ram clutch dealer and can also hook me up with a short throw shifter if I would like. The shifter he had on hand being a Steeda Tri-ax. So I'm gonna go over all my options and figure out exactly what I want, but the money is in my account right now just waiting on a destination!

Also they quoted me a price on shipping...from South Carolina to good ole Crossett, AR is gonna be $158 if shipped to a residential address, and $78 dollars to a commercial address. Luckily I have most of my big stuff shipped to my dad's warehouse where he works anyway so looks like I get a big discount on shipping!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online