Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff...

OP
OP
I

Ian

Reaction score
I wish I could still help on this car... I feel like I am becoming a worst mechanic and my intellect is slowly creeping away since I sold my soul to uncle sam... oh well, once the cars are paid for I will go back to being the old and productive me

GenevaStang

Reaction score
I wish I could still help on this car... I feel like I am becoming a worst mechanic and my intellect is slowly creeping away since I sold my soul to uncle sam... oh well, once the cars are paid for I will go back to being the old and productive me

Hah you were there just for the teardown and you're gonna miss the fun part now! Don't worry I'll keep the passenger seat in it long enough for you to get a ride when you get back.

Proof that you were safe in that gto... besides that pillow you were sitting on in the stripped interior would have saved your life that night... pu$$y
http://youtu.be/VYbBT8G3qsA

I forgot about this video! Best part was the black cat before that race... Me:Those are bad luck right? Cjack: Nahh that shit doesnt mean anything... Two seconds later facing a guard rail in the back of a gto with no rear seat or seat belt lol. Good times in mexico..

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Call me crazy but someone clearly hit the lotto or got some inheritance . the fun of the car is building it yourself and cranking her over and hearing it run knowing you done it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool car though can't go wrong with the Chevy engine : reliability , power , performance parts are affordable , you could go to uncle festers back yard and build a 700hp Chevy but can't find a ford oil pan . hey! I'm not hating just stating what I've been through. Stay classy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

99GreenStang

Reaction score
There's a first time for everything

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Call me crazy but someone clearly hit the lotto or got some inheritance . the fun of the car is building it yourself and cranking her over and hearing it run knowing you done it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cool car though can't go wrong with the Chevy engine : reliability , power , performance parts are affordable , you could go to uncle festers back yard and build a 700hp Chevy but can't find a ford oil pan . hey! I'm not hating just stating what I've been through. Stay classy

Build it myself? Did you look at the build thread at all? This car has been a project for just about 2 and a half years. No lotto or inheritance money needed with a build taking that long. I did all that I could with what I had at home. It came in a bone stock v6 and when it left for Pro fab it was rolling chassis just waiting for fabrication work. I'd like to see you build your own chromoly cage and the rear end thats in the car. The comment "Build it yourself" is completely asinine. Maybe if it were just a simple street car that would run 12's and be a daily beater I would. But, this thing should go into the 8's and run a class that you aren't competitive in unless you are running sub 5.20's in the 1/8. Not only would it cost more for me to do all the cage and chassis work myself, it would not be something I would want to learn on and not be sure that its safe. That being said, the build has been a ton of fun and should be an awesome car to take to the track.

99GreenStang

Reaction score
You totally took what I said and made it the opposite my friend. Learning and doing it yourself is the fun in the project whether it's a NHRA funny car or a bracket car.

Most people don't have the disposable income to take a car to a fabrication shop and have them build parts for them.

My friend runs a pro stock mustang that runs low 6 seconds he builds all his rear ends , housings , axles , driveshafts , cage etc at home in a 2 car garage by hand and you couldnt find one that looked any better. So yes this work can be done at home it's just how much do you wanna learn or trust yourself or would you rather say someone else built the car for me .

I like to say I built the car and know what I've got when I tell someone myself it's a pride mannor for me , but not everyone is like me I understand that . I wasn't trying to start anything just saying you COULD and CAN do that work at home for I've seen it done my friend. Not worth arguing about and starting a piss war man you got a good looking car and looks like a lot of fun and I'm sure you will enjoy it and I've got a good car that I enjoy and really am gonna enjoy when I get it together really soon . IM happy YOUR happy no harm no foul brother .

God Bless ya

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Just to add it in there I could build my own cage or rear end but I do understand where your coming from and I can respect a man wanting 100% saftey.

God Bless you

OP
OP
I

Ian

Reaction score
IMG_425606667991259_zpsrgvrcwjk.jpeg
IMG_425601734546626_zpsj04jamcq.jpeg
IMG_425566090488619_zpsj1mfe4ju.jpeg

OP
OP
I

Ian

Reaction score
that was on a mega safe tune and soft launching... once things are settled in and finished dialed in it will do better... man wants to do a fogger set up next...

DavidBoren

Reaction score
I dig the bowtie in the grill. Needs to be centered more, but I still dig it. Can't wait to see the time slips once you get that thing all broken in and tuned up.

GenevaStang

Reaction score
Randomly remembered I had this account and found this thread. Car has changed allot since then. Rough schedule with engineering classes and an internship doesn't allow me to get out as often as I'd like but the car has undergone a ton of changes and is currently running 9.3x's at 145, knocking on the door of 8's once we put a little bit of timing to it. Had lots of little issues with the initial setup as far as converter/gearing/shit tires all the fun stuff and with my hellish schedule the progress was slow to say the least.

14720607_10211046302655820_2320548634574119921_n.jpg

14712565_10210958500544391_7489311007477188410_o.jpg

11895217_10207717443159982_7263100967443743829_o.jpg

Giant pictures are giant, but whatever. Now to lurk for a bit then probably forget about this account for another few years.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.