Bulge or standard lug nuts?

Duff

Reaction score
I just bought this car and went to do some brake work on it, and noticed it has the steel lug nuts with the separate stainless cap, I'd like to upgrade to a 1 piece chrome nut. McGard offers 2 styles, #64010 bulge seat and # 64000 standard seat.95Cobra09262021.jpg Which one should I use for these wheels? Thanks!

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Well, I ended up ordering the bulge type, we'll see how it goes.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
That caliper cover.... yuck lol. Especially since you've got a Cobra with pretty nice calipers.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Yesterday, I put on new pads, got rid of the caliper covers and installed the new lug nuts, drove for an hour and everything worked out well. I'm guessing the wheels are not replicas, each one has made in Japan & Hinodex cast into them.

Shifty Powers

Reaction score
Yesterday, I put on new pads, got rid of the caliper covers and installed the new lug nuts, drove for an hour and everything worked out well. I'm guessing the wheels are not replicas, each one has made in Japan & Hinodex cast into them.

Is your car a 95 Cobra?

Those wheels are in fact OEM 95 cobra R wheels. (All were made in Japan), sorta.
I presume the Hinodex stamping, or something, is stamped near the valve stem?
That is an r58 and should have "17x9JJ 24" (24 has a circle around it) stamped on the inside of a spoke.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
When I cleaned them up and did notice 17x9jj and I think the circled 24, I think the Hinodex is on the backside of the spokes, I'll pull one off today and post some pictures.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
When I looked at the car on the dealers lot, I thought they might be OEM wheels, but wasn't sure, I think they look good on the car though.

OP
OP
Duff

Duff

Reaction score
Is your car a 95 Cobra?

Those wheels are in fact OEM 95 cobra R wheels. (All were made in Japan), sorta.
I presume the Hinodex stamping, or something, is stamped near the valve stem?
That is an r58 and should have "17x9JJ 24" (24 has a circle around it) stamped on the inside of a spoke.
Yes, it's a 95. I seem to own 2 of the least popular body styles of mustangs, a 95 Cobra and a 71 Mach 1. Oh well, they may be over shadowed by other years, but I like them and you don't see them on the road very often.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
They will make any sn body look good
I have a set on my 98 gt
There replica but look good

these are my favorite
Original are hard to find , I do look for them
I run into a lot of keystone , Original
Don't really care for those

16362403349463471111719069329661.jpg

Paladin1001

Reaction score
Yes, it's a 95. I seem to own 2 of the least popular body styles of mustangs, a 95 Cobra and a 71 Mach 1. Oh well, they may be over shadowed by other years, but I like them and you don't see them on the road very often.
Nothing wrong with either car, its pretty cool to buck the popularity trends. I think the SN's are highly under rated, and our car choices don't have to please anyone but us, right? I do like those rims on that car too, looks really good!

CobraRGuy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I realize this is an old thread, but I am a little perplexed by something. I was always under the impression that the original '95 Cobra R wheels are forged as opposed to cast. Can anyone confirm either way? I thought the JJ indicated they are forged. I have a set of the Hinodex and a set of the Enkei. I am unable to find anything that says these are forged.

Thanks, CobraRGuy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online